Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've come over from the other forum :)

Ok how about this then, my White 2012 Antara with 19k miles on it is starting to rust, it's very very small specs of rust which half the time I can rub off but it's getting worse, also above the A on the silver strip on the boot I can see a rust spot coming through which I know someone else has this!

It's mainly in the tailgate but I can see it elsewhere on the car.

I'm calling vauxhall tomorrow to see what's happening, it's due to be serviced next month when it's a year old and ill make sure they stamp the book in both parts to include the bodywork ;-)

Also I wash the car with standard halfords car wash and it's been through a car wash maybe 5 times in its life, I wash it regularly 3 times a months due to the miles I do!

Any ideas what it could be? Edited by: Robed2010

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi Robed yep exactly same spot on tailgate where mine is rusting with nearly 10k on clock and 7 months old.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HoneyMonster said:
Hi Robed yep exactly same spot on tailgate where mine is rusting with nearly 10k on clock and 7 months old.
Hi HoneyMonster, can you check and see if you have any very small specks of rust as well, possible design flaw I'm thinking with the rust above the "a" ill update tomorrow once I've called them and if possible try and take some pictures.

Bravo Vauxhall

Still love the car though

·
Registered
257 Posts
No signs of small specks, Ihave been keeping a close eye on it since I first spotted the bit on tailgate.Just waiting on dealer getting back was told could be 3 weeks he was sending pics to VX and awaiting there advice. I will update once i know more.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
The area of rust you guys have is it coming from a bubble in the paint or from behind the silver trim possibly from a fixing hole in the panel?.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Behind the trim, maybe a fixing hole or maybe a scratch put there when fitting trim my guess.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Yip that's what I'm thinking guys.

I wonder if the interior grey trim is removed on the boot if that gives you access to the inside of the panel.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had a small piece on the inside of the boot lip near the light cluster when I collected the car and rust coloured water running down the drain channel. It looked just like a stone chip, the dealer sorted it no problems, I think it had been caught when the light cluster has been fitted and chipped the paint down to the metal - guess all the sea air the car got on its way here might have speeded the rusting process up!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any one who has this same issue if you are ok with me telling them your details I will pass them onto Auto Express when they next contact me

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Just looked at my Antara the silver trim is fixed on with nuts which are easy to get at.

If you open the tailgate they are located on the inside. Have a look guys to see if you can see signs of rust around the nuts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've checked my nuts lol!!

No signs I rusting however the rusting is coming on further in right above the last a in Antara.

Think the strip needs to come fully off to check

1 - 14 of 14 Posts