Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Hoping someone can offer some advice.. Was away abroad for 3 months, on my return the car battery was flat. (Dashcam caused this.) Now when driving along it suddenly goes into limp mode. max 3000 rpm. I stop and restart and within 2 mins same again. It cleared itself for 3 days there but back again. No warning lights and normally no codes either stored or pending on reader.
I have managed to catch P0004 error code twice but the code disappears.
Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance John

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Sinice you had a flat battery it's possible the electrics are playing up so try disconnecting the battery, leave it for a couple of hours and reconnect to see if the system re-sets itself.

Otherwise you might need one of these;
Camera lens Font Camera Camera accessory Digital camera

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Victor Many thanks for the reply..... hopefully you can help some more. I have seen images on line with the pressure regulator on one end of the fuel rail and the pressure sensor on the other. My car is different..... there is only a pressure sensor on the one end of the fuel rail and a blank in the other... see image. I have traced the fuel lines but cant find another regulator? Any ideas?

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Victor..... thanks once again for advice. I decided to call out the AA as I had no faith in the cheap reader I got that code on. 3 other more expensive readers didn't find any codes. The AA man says his reader was £3k and again no codes found. He said DPF was fine. Fuel pressure spot on. Only thing he could see was EGR only opening 50%. He tried opening and closing a few times to see if it released... no luck. Once he left I removed the EGR valve and even though it was pretty clean I thoroughly cleaned it. Put it all back together and tested the car. Was ok for 2 days then went into limp mode again. A simple restart and all runs fine. Checked again and no codes.

AA man says if I put it in a garage they will not find codes and will just need to start changing things. Car obviously isn't worth too much due to age so I cant afford that! Any thoughts please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update... feel free to comment
Fitted new MAF as RAC man says it can cause limp mode with no codes as it can take a while to register a fault.... no difference
Decided to renew the EGR valve just in case...... no difference

Car doesnt always go into limp mode.. I've found that I can force it to go into limp mode if I put engine into a load ie.. go up a hill from a standing start (sometimes... )
Im lost what to try next

1 - 7 of 7 Posts