Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my 1st service done today. Didn't use my VX dealer as it is a total rip off. Quoted me £354. I then told them it would be done elsewhere then they dropped it to £200. To late in my opinion. Why didn't they offer me this price to start with. Took it to PRO GRIP in larbert who are well known throughout performance owners clubs. John is a very good friend who done my service using genuine VX parts. Booked into VX on Monday for lifetime warranty and anti corrosion check.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
Hi Griffin, what are vauxhall charging for lifetime warranty and rust check. Was this not included in the vauxhall service???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lifetime warranty check is free but anti corrosion check is £29.99. You would think there would be a charge for both or free for both. Not to worry though as it is still a huge saving. But most of all it is someone I trust who has been working on my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
You should have shopped around the vauxhall dealers. I've just had my 2nd service at £269 including brake fluid change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Griffin said:
Just had my 1st service done today. Didn't use my VX dealer as it is a total rip off. Quoted me £354. I then told them it would be done elsewhere then they dropped it to £200. To late in my opinion. Why didn't they offer me this price to start with. Took it to PRO GRIP in larbert who are well known throughout performance owners clubs. John is a very good friend who done my service using genuine VX parts. Booked into VX on Monday for lifetime warranty and anti corrosion check.

Was it VX Evans Halshaw in Grangemouth who quoted you that price, I am booked in on the 30th April for my first service
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
wilma08 said:
Griffin said:
Just had my 1st service done today. Didn't use my VX dealer as it is a total rip off. Quoted me £354. I then told them it would be done elsewhere then they dropped it to £200. To late in my opinion. Why didn't they offer me this price to start with. Took it to PRO GRIP in larbert who are well known throughout performance owners clubs. John is a very good friend who done my service using genuine VX parts. Booked into VX on Monday for lifetime warranty and anti corrosion check.

Was it VX Evans Halshaw in Grangemouth who quoted you that price, I am booked in on the 30th April for my first service
Isn't yours through motability Wilma (a lot cheaper than £354 I would say)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
murphy1 said:
wilma08 said:
Griffin said:
Just had my 1st service done today. Didn't use my VX dealer as it is a total rip off. Quoted me £354. I then told them it would be done elsewhere then they dropped it to £200. To late in my opinion. Why didn't they offer me this price to start with. Took it to PRO GRIP in larbert who are well known throughout performance owners clubs. John is a very good friend who done my service using genuine VX parts. Booked into VX on Monday for lifetime warranty and anti corrosion check.

Was it VX Evans Halshaw in Grangemouth who quoted you that price, I am booked in on the 30th April for my first service<img src="http://www.antaraownersclub.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif" align="middle" />
Isn't yours through motability Wilma (a lot cheaper than £354 I would say) <img src="http://www.antaraownersclub.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif" height="17" width="17" alt="LOL" title="LOL" />
No my husband bought me it so sadly not
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
wilma08 said:
murphy1 said:
wilma08 said:
Griffin said:
Just had my 1st service done today. Didn't use my VX dealer as it is a total rip off. Quoted me £354. I then told them it would be done elsewhere then they dropped it to £200. To late in my opinion. Why didn't they offer me this price to start with. Took it to PRO GRIP in larbert who are well known throughout performance owners clubs. John is a very good friend who done my service using genuine VX parts. Booked into VX on Monday for lifetime warranty and anti corrosion check.

Was it VX Evans Halshaw in Grangemouth who quoted you that price, I am booked in on the 30th April for my first service<img src="http://www.antaraownersclub.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif" align="middle" />
Isn't yours through motability Wilma (a lot cheaper than £354 I would say) <img src="http://www.antaraownersclub.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif" height="17" width="17" alt="LOL" title="LOL" />
No my husband bought me it so sadly not
I applied for DLA about one one half years ago got knocked back my husband says I should try again as my mobility has got worse due to extreme pain when walking, I got my blue bade through the council as my doctor wrote a letter informing them how bad things have got
My husband bought me the car due to colour issues I wanted a white Captiva he ordered black
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top