Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Can someone answer a little mystery I uncovered whilst shopping for my Antara?

After test driving an Antara at my local dealer I decided I wanted to buy one; they couldn't do me a particularly good deal so I jumped on the Autotrader to see where the best deal was. While I was looking I noticed that some cars were listed as 167 g/km CO2 and others were 160 g/km CO2. All cars were 2.2 start/stop diesel models so I couldn't understand what was going on.

The Antara brochure that I picked up stated the car was 160 g/km yet if you tired to spec one on the VX website it came up as 167 g/km! Confused? So was I!

I rang 2 main dealers searching for the answer - guess what - they didn't know either!

Well - in the end I bought a 2014 Diamond start/stop with 160 g/km - This gave me the best deal and a cheaper tax bracket compared to the 167 g/km version. In my mind the 160 g/km version must be more upto date as it gets the car into the lower band?

Anyway I would be interested to know if someone has the answer which ends the mystery!!

Matt

·
Registered
147 Posts
Such a small change could be down to something as simple as an upgrade to the engine mapping, or even a different make of tyres! I daresay that either the brochure or website will be updated eventually. My guess is that the website is more up to date, and the brochure may be old stock. Time will tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.