Antara Owners Club banner

Made to Measure Car Mats

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  andyr85 
#1 ·
I purchased a set of mats for my new Antara online from a supplier who offers a range of materials, texts, and finishers : http://www.uk-carmats.co.uk/ANTARA-CAR-MATS.html
I chose rubber mats and they arrived within a few days - £44.The only prob. with them is the rubbery smell! The rubber smell takes away the intoxicating perfume of The New Car. It could, however,give me a novel excuse if I go through a flash-for-cash machine. Sorry officer, my eyes were watering 'cos of my new mats!!

See less See more
#8 ·
I still cannot fit the car mats because of the rubber smell. I have put them in the shed to "air" but at this rate it will be Xmas before I can use them. Or Xmas next year. Luckily I have old ones with no smell which I can use. Wonder if a rubber plantation smells of rubber? I see from VX accessories on the VX website they want £84 for rubber mats.

#9 ·
I only use rubber mats as we are always up in the hills, rubber mats are easier to clean from constant dirty shoes.. The smell is because the rubber gives off a gas, there is a term for it but cannot remember. I use the old vinegar solution, fill a tub , bucket or sink with warm soapy water, put a cupful of white vinegar in, place the mat(s) in and leave for half hour. Then leave the mats to dry naturally in the sun ( if we should get any), doing this a couple of times reduces the smell quicker than just leaving them outside to air.

#10 ·
Agree with you about the practicality of the rubber mats, Doc. I think I'lll wait to the snow comes rather than trying the vinegar in the bath treatment. I will put them in a snow drift. Come to think about it if you were out on the ice roads and got stuck you could always set fire to a mat to attract attention!
Probably get charged for polluting the air, LOL!

#11 ·
Off Road Doc said:
I only use rubber mats as we are always up in the hills, rubber mats are easier to clean from constant dirty shoes.. The smell is because the rubber gives off a gas, there is a term for it but cannot remember. I use the old vinegar solution, fill a tub , bucket or sink with warm soapy water, put a cupful of white vinegar in,  place the mat(s) in and leave for half hour. Then leave the mats to dry naturally in the sun ( if we should get any), doing this a couple of times reduces the smell quicker than just leaving them outside to air.
Yip you men are all the same
blame the mats for the gas smell but us women know different
and off road doc you believe what you want lmao

One thing I do agree and that is the rubber mats are much better to keep clean

#12 ·
I brought mine from uk car mats and i had the prestige carpet with embroidery and they are fantastic i live very close to the factory so i went to have a look at the rubber and they are not what i wanted so i went for the top quality and they are amazing had them in my car for 2 month now and they are still like new here's a link to there website Vauxhall Car Mats

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.