Antara Owners Club banner

help needed

6K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Bigjohnsparky 
#1 ·
hi allthe power train light started flashing today and also the ABS and down hill light are permanently lit all in amber, any ideas , I might add that last week I changed both front wheel bearings
regards
andrew

#5 ·
Yep agree with Andrewberry abs sensor fault or connections. check all connections wires to plugs. pins in plugs for any debris or corrosion.
Was old cables surported ie cable ties that have been removed and not replaced after wheel bearings changed

#7 ·
I decided to invest in a really good diagnostics device, I received it today and once familiar with it plugged it into the cars diagnostic socket and did a scan on the ABS sensors and drivetrain.
I found out that the rear right ABS sensor is faulty and I also have a stability
malfunction which I presume comes from the ABS issue

#8 ·
Excellent well done you
can you nick one of your old abs sensors from front bearings not sure if they are the same worth a try

#10 ·
Thanks big John
Unfortunately the rear ABS cable is longer so won't fit so beings as my Antara as covered 53500 miles I'll replce both rear bearings which means I only need to do them once as ABS sensors come in new bearings
Regards Andrew

#11 ·
Hi Andrew that's a shame could you not cut and join cables with solder and covered with heat shrink rap to keep costs down and save changing rear wheel bearings as it's only the sensor that's faulty

What diagnostic tool did you get ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.