Format - Page 3 - Vauxhall Antara Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 21st July 2018, 21:22

The PM isn't working for me. I sent one to Admin yesterday and sent another one again today but so far no sign of the messages even being sent in my folder nor any reply received.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2018, 00:25
Super Moderator

One thing I do miss is the new post since you last visited!!. WE still have new posts but its listed in days rather than since your previous visit.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2018, 09:00

So it would appear that the new forum is not giving the same options and capabilities that the old one did, so why the change? I fully support Dulacs comments and I am finding the whole layout a muddle. I run a forum for flight simulation and its a free board with all the facilities that your old forum had, maybe I should consider an Antara version!! Joking apart the old forum had so much to offer and the ease of use was a big bonus, sadly the new one offers less and is not user friendly. In short I think I will probably be spending a lot less time here than I used to (sad smiley face)

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2018, 16:28

I feel the same as volrider.

2012 antara 2.2 cdti exclusive 4x4 s/s pulling 2018 Elddis Avante 554
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2018, 04:51
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulac View Post
Thank you Erik. Where is the PM featured? Search option now shows, but what is 'VB'?
To find your PMs you can click on the drop down menu under 'Your Notifications' at the top of the page. If you have any new messages, it will be highlighted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulac View Post
Is this site managed from abroad? Prior to log-in I noticed that the posts in the RH panel were timed at very strange hours. After log-in they reverted to UK time. Just interested.
Yes, we are located in Toronto, Canada. The time difference between us is about 5 hours, so if we don't answer right away, it might be that we haven't yet received your message, depending on what time you send it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
The PM isn't working for me. I sent one to Admin yesterday and sent another one again today but so far no sign of the messages even being sent in my folder nor any reply received.
I've just responded to your PM Victor. It's working fine, it's just that it's the weekend and we don't have a lot of staff doing weekend coverage so it takes a little bit longer for weekend messages to be received. Apologies for the delay!

So, I know that a lot of you are not happy with the changes that have been made thus far, but they've been done to try to update the site and allow it to be more compatible with mobile technology. We know that there are a lot of things that are not working as they should right now, but migrating sites is a tricky procedure that almost always knocks a bunch of things out of place. Our tech team is trying their best to get everything back in working order in a timely fashion. We know that it can be frustrating, but we really hope you hang in there while we work to get all the kinks ironed out. Please continue to report any issues here so that we can alert our techs.

Cheers,

Erik
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2018, 10:47

HOW TO EDIT A POST. When I post initially I have the on-screen option to edit the post. Is there any way to subsequently edit a post? All I can see is the option to Quote / Multi-Quote or Quick Reply.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 24th July 2018, 20:03
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
HOW TO EDIT A POST. When I post initially I have the on-screen option to edit the post. Is there any way to subsequently edit a post? All I can see is the option to Quote / Multi-Quote or Quick Reply.
The site currently has some restrictions regarding a member's ability to edit their posts/threads. This is basically to avoid the situation where people can got back a change something they said in a thread and throw all other posts afterwards out of context.

So the current restrictions are that you have 10 minutes to edit a post (after it's been posted) and 5 minutes to edit a thread title. Any changes that need to be done after that point would need to be handled by a mod or admin who can make any necessary edits on your behalf.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Erik

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page