Format - Page 2 - Vauxhall Antara Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 20th July 2018, 21:14

Ok shock from me at the change, I do not see what I like to see, i.e. the nice clear format easy to use. I am sorry but this is not a change for the better so I do not see why it had to change?????
Lets have a poll on who wants the old one or this one...

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 20th July 2018, 22:28

I liked the old format .this one is not as good can not follow it .
Sorry leaving

2017 1.4 turbo Mokka design nav
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 20th July 2018, 23:27
Administrator

Garage
Thanks all we will be working on little tweaks and adjustments next week also, report any issues here.

We can post up tutorials on who to use the site if that helps.

Jeff M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 20th July 2018, 23:52
Super Moderator

Okay so not many of you guys are liking the new look.Is it really that bad!!. I think it looks okay. Do you guys really have to leave its only different until you get used to it. If you have any complains list them and let the owners have a look at fixing it rather than spitting your dummy out and leaving.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 21st July 2018, 06:45

Grumps, I hear what your saying but why was this forum changed with no notification or reasons? Tweaking it back to the old format is the best thing, worked well easy to use no need for tutorials. etc etc. I can see why folk are moving away from this which is a great shame. I have to my cost over the years fixed something that isnt broke and ended up with more trouble, this reminds me of that

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 21st July 2018, 12:15 Thread Starter

Admin - the couple of posts I made were under the old format. The new format dropped from the sky. However, I thank you for your admission that the change could have been handled better and for at least sorting out the foreign date format. Also my link to the site has now mysteriously been restored. The change is still disappointing for me because there is now too much information on the screen. What was a first-class site with a user-friendly feel and excellent member participation involving a lot of goodwill has taken a bit of a hit. This might be that some of us are just 'old gits' who are deeply suspicious of the modern world and its motives and certainly don't like being led by the nose like an audience in Top Of The Pops (and if you don't know what that was, I rest my case). I am sure you are correct in the matter of compatability with mobile communications, but as I use a desktop PC hard-wired to the router (I don't trust wireless for sensitive or vulnerable communications) it is irrelevant for me.
The old site was a bit quirky when compared to other sites for other vehicles. The Antara is a bit quirky when compared to other vehicles. Perhaps Antara owners are a bit quirky? (I would insert a Smiley but that feature has disappeared). The danger is that some experienced members will drop out and leave Newbies floundering in the dark, wondering what to do about sometimes simple problems easily resolved.
Presumably we have all learnt something from the experience and after reading your other posts, where you ask for our co-operation, I will certainly give the new site a try. Once again, those who control the web and its content in general can cause a great deal of inconvenience to the 'customers' apparently at the flick of a switch. I know this from previous bitter experiences elsewhere.
We'll see how we go.
By the way, as a condition of membership of the forum can submission of the vehicle details be a mandatory requirement, to appear in every post. I get fed up with "please help me" posts where you might as well be talking about a Ford Cortina for all the information that is on display.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 21st July 2018, 12:32 Thread Starter

Members List has gone, private messaging seems to have gone, Search is now 'Google' sponsored. How much more of our information do they want?

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 21st July 2018, 15:30
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulac View Post
Members List has gone, private messaging seems to have gone, Search is now 'Google' sponsored. How much more of our information do they want?
I'll bring up these issues with the techs so they can work to get them sorted out. For the search option, if you hover over the arrow, you should have the choice of Google Custom Search or VB Search. With private messaging, what happens when you try to send a PM? Do you get some kind of error? I just tried testing this and didn't experience any issue.

Glad to hear that you're willing to give the new format a try. Hopefully it'll grow on you after awhile!

Cheers,

Erik
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 21st July 2018, 16:04 Thread Starter

Thank you Erik. Where is the PM featured? Search option now shows, but what is 'VB'?

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 21st July 2018, 19:25 Thread Starter

Is this site managed from abroad? Prior to log-in I noticed that the posts in the RH panel were timed at very strange hours. After log-in they reverted to UK time. Just interested.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page