Towbar electric socket - Page 6 - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 18th March 2018, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdman
Swinton I am a time served decorator, could you do graining, marbling, heraldry etc without it all being explained to you, if it was such a bore to you why offer your advice, I will know next time not to ask for help that way you and others will not get bored,there are a limited amount of wires in a house wiring but get it wrong and it may cause a fire, surely it is better to err on the side of caution, as I said I thank everyone for their advice.
Pdman
Please don't let Swinton's comments stop you asking for advice and help. this is what the forum is all about helping other members when asked about passing on your own expertise knowledge to help others.
A lower form of bullying enough said me thinks
Wish you all the best pdman

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 18th March 2018, 22:26 Thread Starter

Thanks Bigjohnsparky.
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 18th March 2018, 22:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdman
Thanks Bigjohnsparky.
Your very welcome
If you get any problems with your project please don't hesitate to ask and I'll be glad to help you

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 18th March 2018, 23:09

Another thread this cost Swinton £40 resetting tpms he could have been told a monkey could even reset there tpms as thread has full info on how to do it and then when he had tyres changed cost more money for garage to sort it out
Link below

https://www.antaraownersclub.com/foru...242_page3.html

Tried that method to reset my front tpms.but did not work had to go to main dealers and get it done £40.
They said next time I change tyres check the pressure and then blow the new tyre to the same pressure as the one you have taken off .then the sensors don't think it's been off
2014 not work had to go to main dealers and get it done £40.

post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 19th March 2018, 11:04

Whenever I have done a job like this the important aspects are getting comfortable (a garden kneeler makes a difference) and making sure the light to work by is good. Also, have the right screwdrivers to hand, take a photo before you disconnect anything and keep the diagram within easy reach. If you are in the Caravan Club the wiring diagram(s) is in the Members' Handbook. If you can wire a domestic 3-pin plug you should be able to do this; it just takes a bit longer. If you are red/green colour blind - and quite a few people are - ask someone to confirm the connections before you finish.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 27th March 2018, 20:41

Hi pdman how did you get on with the replacement?

post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 27th March 2018, 22:06 Thread Starter

Hi Bigjohnsparky it is done and all working correctly, didn't update after certain comments as I didn't want to bore certain people, this monkey thanks everyone who gave advice, it's good too have a forum where a broad knowledge is passed around, roll on the good weather.
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 27th March 2018, 22:31

That's excellent news well done pdman
Glad to be of help
Yes roll on summer Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page