Antara Owners Club banner

BC not working

46K views 86 replies 36 participants last post by  Gazell34 
#1 ·
Hi just joined and only just took delivery of my Antara but the BC does not work any ideas model FWD Exclusiv 2.2TDI

Many thanks used site when looking for a new towcar and found the forum very useful

See less See more
#52 ·
Update : BC is working now!
It shows me:
BC 1:
current fuel
average fuel needed on 100Km
average speed on 100Km

BC 2 : same than BC 1

i can reset each BC to zero

Timer - Timer
- Timer since last Stop/break
- Trip Timer

Only thing I'm missing is - How far i can get with remaining fuel.
Is that something Check Control is needed for and is it possible to program check control like BC ?
It was possible to ad CC on my Astra H only thing i was missing then was Window cleaner liquid empty or however you call that thing due to a missing sensor, rest was working finde even the bulb check control...

So who knows more about Check Control on Antara 2.2 cdti 2wd ?
Thank's,
best regards,
Falk

#53 ·
Morning FolksCan someone tell me or better still post some pictures of what and how info is displayed with the BC Button my wifes car is a 2014 Exclusive all that is shown is the tyre pressure sure i read somewhere that MPG oil pressure and coolant temp can be displayed. I am only intrested in the Coolant Temp as we will use this for towing the caravan. One more question i understand it has to be activated can someone tell me how to get this done?
Many thanks for any help you can impart.
Regards
Beetee

#54 ·
Hi, If you search on the forum you will find all the info there. I had my BC instated by a tech guy near Birmingham. Main dealers are not very helpful (either don't know how to do it or wont).

#57 ·
Hi, I'm not fully au fa with the procedure, but the guy that did my BC function re-instated it with the software from the Astra J, as its the same I'm told. I went to a main dealer and asked for the Bc function to be re-instated and to fit a cruise control unit. They did fit the cruise control unit,but were not able to do the BC function (these are supposed to be the VX technicians
) Charged me £80 for labour.
This is the guy that did my BC function, 5 mins, £30

http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/help/index.php

Depends on your driving,but cruise control is well worth fitting for £50

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-Vauxhall-Antara-Indicator-Stalk-With-Cruise-Control-Buttons-95462610-/370979748151?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item56601db937

The above is from a VX dealer and original VX part. Easy to fit. e.mail them your reg or VIN and they will send the correct part

Edited by: chrisg

#58 ·
I had diagnostics.org do my BC aswell, £30 5 minute job, if you have standard head unit CD40, I think if you hold in settings button for about 10 seconds, it will beep and will be into VX Menu, if you have radio on quite you will here beep, there's loads of useless info in that hidden menu but there is all the temps.

#59 ·
Have posted this elsewhere, but looking for advice. Took 2013 antara to dealer yesterday to have BC activated. On way home found that it is not showing the instantaneous MPG which is what I wanted. Phoned dealer again, to be told that they cannot change the options on the display - so can only show gallons used since reset, average mpg since reset, average mph since reset, miles covered since reset.
There doesn't seem to be a diagnostics place in central Scotland that will do this.

IS my only option to buy an op-com?
Will it need to be the 2014 version, to cover the 2013 antara (around £40 I think)?
Will I then be able to change the options myself?

#63 ·
Hi , just got a 2012 Antara and bought a opcom to turn on the BC . Installed opcom and drivers after a bit of a struggle. Lol.....having read this topic i follwed the instructions given and through infotainment system, programming, program code index i got to available index codes... Currently mines shows .

Code index and version.002 04

Upon looking at available code index list there is..

Out of the above codes 00202, 00803 and 01001 all show WITH board computer..

The others show WITHOUT board computer.

I guess i,m looking for with board computer but previous instruction say go up 1 ... Im on 002 04 and there no option to go to 003 ...

Thanks for any help, dont just want to go re-programming things that i dont really know too much about,,

Thanks, Gordy.

#66 ·
I think I have read it some where on here it needs to be 001. So if it says 002 04 it needs to 001 04
But I would try to find something more on here .diagnostic .org may have some info .mine says 002 which I only get the trye pressures .it needs changing to 001 but no one local can do it Edited by: swinton

#71 ·
I could do with one of these . I only have a standard code reader . Can you get any dpf info up on it like the persentage of load in it.
I see you said you had trouble getting it working so could you post any info you think could help other members as I am not to good with computers. When I get time I want to see if I can wire in a switch to start a regen and give load info so being able to see what is going on would be handy.

#72 ·
Not to sure about DPF details , only really changed code for BC . Dont know much about it so didnt want to start poking around and doing something wrong..lol. Installing was a pest. The software instals ok but i had a bit of bother getting the driver installed , think i clicked the wrong button during instalation though. The opcom comes with instalation instructions in a file on the disk .

#75 ·
Can't help ya mate but I'm thinking about getting an Opcom E-bay special to install on my tablet. Only thing is there's some doubt about installing it on Windows 10. With what I've seen it needs MDI (Medium Dependent Interface) which is something I know nothing about. 

Edit; General Motors MDI (Multiple Diagnostic Interface).

Edited by: Victor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.