Front lower spoiler - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 6th October 2013, 11:41 Thread Starter

Hope someone can help, I've caught the lower front spoiler on something and its broken the clips off the shorter section, on the passengersside of the car. I've managed to fix it temporarily with cable ties but it looks quite untidy.
Do any of you chaps know where I can either, buy a full replacement part from, or modify this part of the car for something more like a sump guard,as it stick down so low I'm sure it will only be time until I happens again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 6th October 2013, 14:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1a1
Hope someone can help, I've caught the lower front spoiler on something and its broken the clips off the shorter section, on the passengers*side of the car. I've managed to fix it temporarily with cable ties but it looks quite untidy. *
Do any of you chaps know where I can either, buy a full replacement part from, or modify this part of the car for something more like a sump guard,*as it stick down so low I'm sure it will only be time until I happens again.
Hi Mike 1a1

Can you just not take it off or do you need it since it is quite low anyway making clearance difficult ?

White SE NAV 184 with charcoal grey leather three years old May 9th 2016
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 6th October 2013, 16:37

Try US ebay - loads off parts on there for the Chevrolet Captiva (US version) which basically an antaraEdited by: JR123
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 6th October 2013, 16:48 Thread Starter

wilma08, jr123 thanks for your reply's. I'll check out ebay good bet. I've thought about removing it but it seems to leave an exposed edge to the under tray. I'm a little worried it may leave something exposed that shouldn't be, the edge left looks as though it might "scoop" air potentially pulling the under tray off.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 6th October 2013, 18:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1a1
wilma08, jr123 thanks for your reply's. I'll check out ebay good bet. I've thought about removing it but it seems to leave an exposed edge to the under tray. I'm a little worried it may leave something exposed that shouldn't be, the edge left looks as though it might "scoop" air potentially pulling the under tray off.
Someone on here removed the lower spoiler on purpose, and that scoop turned out to be where you screw in the towing eye - I think. Have a search on the forums to see what was discussed.

Antara SE Nav 184 AWD Auto. Silver/Black
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 6th October 2013, 19:42

That was me Inchindown. Thirteen screws will take the whole air dam off. I'm still struggling to find a bolt to fit the towing eye "orifice" as it is a fine large thread.I wouldn't bother fitting another, but if so I'd order through a VX dealer, Mike.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 6th October 2013, 20:32 Thread Starter

Thanks Driving Mad,
I saw the towing eye. I think I'll follow suit and take if off. Have you had any problems since you removed yours?

Thanks again
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 7th October 2013, 09:27

No probs. at all Mike 1a1. But the spoiler does give some measure of cover to the towing eye orifice, so it should be covered in some way to keep dirt off the threads. Not that we will ever need it!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 7th October 2013, 14:29

On a previous vehicle with something similar, i used a black rubber wine making bung that did job perfect keeping rubbish out.

Iain
Had a 2012 Antara SE NAv 184 Auto
Now Skoda Superb CR170 4x4 DSG Elegance Estate
Tows a Bailey Unicorn Madrid 2015

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page