Made to Measure Car Mats - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 9th September 2013, 19:01 Thread Starter

I purchased a set of mats for my new Antara online from a supplier who offers a range of materials, texts, and finishers : http://www.uk-carmats.co.uk/ANTARA-CAR-MATS.html
I chose rubber mats and they arrived within a few days - 44.The only prob. with them is the rubbery smell! The rubber smell takes away the intoxicating perfume of The New Car. It could, however,give me a novel excuse if I go through a flash-for-cash machine. Sorry officer, my eyes were watering 'cos of my new mats!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 9th September 2013, 19:33

I got genuine VX velour ones cheaper than that and if I recall the rubbers ones were even cheaper.....
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 9th September 2013, 19:45

Yep, the tailored fitted ones form vauhxall were only 40 - or free if you make a fuss that a new car has no floor mats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 9th September 2013, 20:04

Baffling then why you wouldn't go with genuine ones...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 9th September 2013, 22:32

If anyone can point me in the direction of a set of genuine VX rubber mats for less than the aforementioned 44, I may squeeze my piggy bank ....

-LaZ-

Antara 163PS: Bluefin Remapped to 210PS
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11th September 2013, 18:55 Thread Starter

I cannot recommend these mats because of the overpowereing smell of rubber. I have taken then out of the car and will endeavor to clean then somehow. They've taken away my new car smell!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11th September 2013, 19:53
Super Moderator

Carpets mats all the way.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10th October 2013, 14:42 Thread Starter

I still cannot fit the car mats because of the rubber smell. I have put them in the shed to "air" but at this rate it will be Xmas before I can use them. Or Xmas next year. Luckily I have old ones with no smell which I can use. Wonder if a rubber plantation smells of rubber? I see from VX accessories on the VX website they want 84 for rubber mats.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10th October 2013, 18:17

I only use rubber mats as we are always up in the hills, rubber mats are easier to clean from constant dirty shoes.. The smell is because the rubber gives off a gas, there is a term for it but cannot remember. I use the old vinegar solution, fill a tub , bucket or sink with warm soapy water, put a cupful of white vinegar in, place the mat(s) in and leave for half hour. Then leave the mats to dry naturally in the sun ( if we should get any), doing this a couple of times reduces the smell quicker than just leaving them outside to air.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11th October 2013, 21:33 Thread Starter

Agree with you about the practicality of the rubber mats, Doc. I think I'lll wait to the snow comes rather than trying the vinegar in the bath treatment. I will put them in a snow drift. Come to think about it if you were out on the ice roads and got stuck you could always set fire to a mat to attract attention!Probably get charged for polluting the air, LOL!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page