On board trip computer - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 22nd November 2017, 12:56 Thread Starter

Hi, I have just purchased the Antara Diamond 2015 AWD 2.2 for my wife. When I took delivery the vehicle was showing first registered in Sept 2016 and had 4,500 miles on the clock. It was in superb condition but I noticed that the on board trip computer was only showing tyre pressure and nothing else. When I asked the reason why I was told that this was how the car came from the factory and some models featured full info (mpg return, distance left in tank etc) and some didn't. This seemed to me to be totally illogical. It's like having a radio in a car with only one station available! However, to cut a long story short, after visiting various Antara forums I discovered that the on board computer could be changed so that it registered the information I required and it just needed resetting with a computer. I bought the car because it had the trip computer on it. I wasn't shown round the vehicle and it's controls and nothing was explained to me. Having been told by the garage I bought the car from that it was unlikely it could fixed I contacted Vauxhall Head Office and explained the problem. Lo and behold the next day I was contacted by my garage and asked to bring the vehicle in. The problem was sorted out and my car is now able to give me the info I need. I am not going to mention the dealer by name as the work that I needed doing was sorted out pretty quickly and efficiently. Just a shame I had to contact Head Office for it to happen. Incidentally, more than happy with the car as it was bought to transport the dog to various places for his walkies. My car is a BMW and he doesn't get to ride in that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 22nd November 2017, 15:02

Great news and welcome to the forum, glad VX sorted you out and bad show on the dealer for not doing it in the first place, literally a few mins on a laptop!!

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 22nd November 2017, 16:12

Don't now how you got vx to tell the garage .as when I spoke to them last year I was told it can not be done
.i got the local dealer to do it after I gave them the information on how to do it .but glad you are sorted

2017 1.4 turbo Mokka design nav

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page