Climair wind deflectors issue - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 19th November 2017, 10:06 Thread Starter

I have the front and rear deflectors fitted, but the rear offside one has come loose a month or two back. I refitted them with the clips but still felt like with the window cranked down it would fall off. So got some new tape from Climair and all good again. But yesterday I noticed it was falling out again. I willhave to ask for more tape!! Odd thing is the rear nearside is solid and I always crack both windows open if the dog is in (about three times a week) so not sure why one is a crap fit and the other a good fit.. Anyone else had issues and have found a fix?? Be good to hear of ideas.Cheers Tony

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 22nd November 2017, 12:43

Hi Tony
I don't have them fitted but did you clean areas completely with something like methylated spirit or even T cut to remove any polish build up etc before fitting them ? If not I would say they will not stick as they are designed to.
Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 22nd November 2017, 14:53 Thread Starter

They go inside the rubbers and not attached to the body work, Climair to their credit are sending me new strips of adhesive tape and a new metal clip. Excellent service from them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 22nd November 2017, 16:08

OKs I thought they stuck on as they have adhesive strip ?
Are you saying that they stick to the rubber and then held in place with metal clips ?
It's good that they are sending out new bits for you

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2017, 07:31 Thread Starter

yes the milled edge goes inside the rear window rubber and the clip pushes against it to hold it in place, they have (unlike the fronts which sit tight) aadhesive strip that gives extra grip to the window rubber, if that makes sense?

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2017, 14:10

Saw a guy the other day walking two New Foundland dogs - big crackers. Imagine two of them in the back seat of your Antara with Climairs fitted so you could keep the windows down while they stick their big slobbering faces out and cover the following traffic with drool! That'll test their ABS systems all right.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2017, 17:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by volrider
yes the milled edge goes inside the rear window rubber and the clip pushes against it to hold it in place, they have (unlike the fronts which sit tight) aadhesive strip that gives extra grip to the window rubber, if that makes sense?
Hi Tony
Can you not get a cotton bud and methylated spirit to clean the flexible rubber edge so it may stick better to a solid surface

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2017, 17:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor
Saw a guy the other day walking two New Foundland dogs - big crackers. Imagine two of them in the back seat of your Antara with Climairs fitted so you could keep the windows down while they stick their big slobbering faces out and cover the following traffic with drool! That'll test their ABS systems all right.
you can't bit a fit of drool down both back doors now got two dogs

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2017, 23:12 Thread Starter

Yes I will give the "track" a clean, re dogs, well I used to fit the White German Shepherd and the large Otterhound in the back of the Zafira with ease, this Antara is crap in that case, I can get one or the other in the back and with its slated back window neither type have enough room. So I have a dog sling on the back seats, works well, howver the Otterhound creates slobber bombs which stick like glue and even after cleaning leave marks... Oh and he loves nothing more than chucking up in the back of the car as soon as he gets in, so slobber and vomit make for a crappy drive.... The joys of owning dogs hey!

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 24th November 2017, 13:00

I've put seat covers on back seats including head rest covers
And have a blanket on top of the covers which goes in the wash when needed
I've boxer Stafford cross which's likes to slobber bomb
Plus a staffie lurcher cross lucky no slobber bombs from him
Yes Tony your right one of the joys of dogs
Would be without them though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page