Anti corrosion warranty - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th November 2017, 18:58 Thread Starter

Well I've noticed rust appeared underneath the housing on boot for number plate lights and boot release button, struggled to find a Vauxhall Bodyshop, so after a hour and a quarter drive I hadn't even finished my sentence to the Bodyshop gaffa when he interrupted me with it won't get Authorized, you won't have had your service book stamped correctly on page 12 for the 6 year warranty, I lead him out to car and presented him with a fully up to date stamped service/warranty book! Still won't be covered he says, you've had a reverse camera fit, what difference does that make I ask, try and find an Antara out there that hasn't got a rusting tailgate? He assured me it would be declined, that was last Thursday lunch, he said I would get the response within 48 hours, so yesterday I chased it up, he wouldn't speak to me but the girl relaying message it's been declined phone Vx UK, phoned them yesterday and Kahn who is dealing with this claim is on another call, he will phone back either yesterday or today, nothing so I chased again at 4, Kahn's not in today so I insisted she looked at notes, “ it's been declined because warranty has expired”? The car is a 63 plate registered Feb 14? I'm awaiting another call? The joys!!!!

2.2cdti 2WD EXC, placid grey with side steps & SE wheels. I love my car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th November 2017, 21:51

Best of luck to you with that, all the OEM's developsloping shoulders when it comes to bodywork / paint warranty claims. Just on a point of interest, isn't Vauxhall warranty only invoked if there's a panel perforated? Most of them are.

Can't you do it yourself? So many coachworks these days just rub it down, maybe apply a thin skin of fillers and then paint it, they don't really do anti-rust treatment.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th November 2017, 22:29 Thread Starter

I've got several mates with really good body shops but don't see why I should foot the bill when I've followed the procedures and still getting shafted??!! I think I will be contacting Rory Harvey again

2.2cdti 2WD EXC, placid grey with side steps & SE wheels. I love my car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2018, 18:44
Groupie

Well that's the rust back on the tailgate,worse than last time I took it in to Kerr and smith Cumnock as they fixed it 2 years ago they took photos and are contacting Vauxhall so watch this space.hopefully they will fix it as my 6 years will be up shortly

2012 se nav
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2018, 08:11
Groupie

That's the tailgate repaired by Kerr and smith they took the trim off as well and found more rust they fitted it with more spacers.they made a real good job but on speaking to the body shop foreman he told me the rust will most likely be back in 2 or 3 years they contacted Vauxhall who told them to fix it to factory standards,here's hoping I get a few more years out of it .

2012 se nav
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2018, 09:47

Did mines myself Davy and put little rubber washers in as spacers to keep the chrome trim off the paintwork. But it's a balancing act, if the washers are too thick they stop the plastic fasteners for the chrome trim from engaging properly and the whole strip stays loose. I had a small area of rust so rubbed it down, treated it and painted it but it'll probly come back. I'd be prepared to bet it's the spot weld seam on the inside of the door andit would have been better if it had been phosphate treated or Waxoyled or something to keep the rust bug at bay.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page