Interior plastic trim - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 9th March 2017, 19:06 Thread Starter

Hi Folks, wanting some help and advice, Antara went in for 13 pin socket fitting on car and they cracked some boot plastic trim, it will cost 300 too renew plastic trim that is cracked, anyone know where I can get replacement parts cheaper than the above price or has anyone had the trim repaired, would be grateful for any help and advice, we are based in Leeds, West Yorkshire, don't want too travel far for new parts!!!! or trim repairers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 9th March 2017, 19:18
SJG

Any chance of getting the installer to pay for the damage, even a contribution towards it ? Failing that I see a few of the smart repair companies can fix dashboard / seat damage but these repairs tend to be soft trim not hard plastic, might be worth a call to one or 2 and ask.
Could try a breakers / eBay see if you can get a used one, few options for you to try.

Not sure what year your car is but for the later models there's no need to remove any trim for towing elecs if you use the dedicated plug, even the charge cables are run under the car from the battery back (not that this helps your situation much)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 9th March 2017, 19:56

Like SJG says there is no need to remove any trims, it looks like the fitters may have spliced the electrics onto the wiring loom instead of using a dedicated electrics pack.

Antara Diamond 163bhp 2.2cdti 4wd in Sovereign Silver with black interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 9th March 2017, 22:07

Towbar fitter should have insurance to cover this. He is liable.
If you were a cleaner and went into someone's house to clean and broke a vase, who would be paying for it?

My wife says that I never listen or something like that !
2.2 diesel Diamond 63. Swift Challenger 580
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10th March 2017, 18:56

Yep have to agree with all the above comments
Plus I think if they have spliced into the wiring in the boot you won't have green tow bar symbol come up on dash when caravan is hooked up plus reversing sensors will not be dissabled which should happen when your caravan is hooked up and also have they fitted the extra cabling which runs the fridge when car engine is running ?

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page