Chrome tyre valves and door lock pins - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 21st January 2017, 17:24 Thread Starter

Hi,

I am looking for a bit of help. I am looking for chrome valves. I have bought ones off eBay but they are not wide enough to go over the valves, anyone have this problem. I am also looking for silver door lock pins. Any help would really be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 21st January 2017, 19:57

Hi Ant13
Grumps has chrome valve covers fitted to his antara do a search re chrome valve covers.

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 24th January 2017, 20:41
Super Moderator

This is the ones I have. They are nothing special but they look okay and for the price you cant go wrong.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-Chrome...item3ab2b4b594
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 25th January 2017, 15:39 Thread Starter

Thanks Grumps for the response but I am looking for chrome covers for the tyre valves for some strange reason the normal valve covers will not fit.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 25th January 2017, 20:56
Super Moderator

In what way dont they fit!!. The threads should all be the same unless your talking about some other valve covers!!.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 28th January 2017, 18:40

Job Ant13 any good for ya
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391083740271

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 28th January 2017, 19:30

Have you tried to remove the door pins, I was too scared incase they broke lol??

2.2cdti 2WD EXC, placid grey with side steps & SE wheels. I love my car
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 28th January 2017, 23:25

None of the chrome valve caps I have seen on eBay will fit a 2015 Antara according to the sellers' lists; nor do those shown on BJS's link. I wonder why? Are there differences in valve stems and threads - I always thought they were the same from car to car and have never been asked when having a tyre and valve changed on a spare wheel. Anyway, kids round here nick them for their bikes.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 29th January 2017, 00:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulac
None of the chrome valve caps I have seen on eBay will fit a 2015 Antara according to the sellers' lists; nor do those shown on BJS's link. I wonder why? Are there differences in valve stems and threads - I always thought they were the same from car to car and have never been asked when having a tyre and valve changed on a spare wheel. Anyway, kids round here nick them for their bikes.
Yes your right Dulac these don't fit the antara valves, but they were just what Ant13 was talking about.
It could well be because of the antaras tpms valves fitted could be bigger than than standard tyre valves ?Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 29th January 2017, 18:42 Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
Thanks everyonefor all of your help. The valve caps do fit but I was looking for chrome valve covers. The 20 mm length is fine but they wont fit over the valvesandBigjohnsparkyis probably rightthat it is something to do with the tyre pressure monitoring system. In terms of the door lock pins, they are easy to take off as they just screw off but I have not seen any suitable replacements.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page