JSG Sidesteps? - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 19th May 2013, 10:00 Thread Starter

For anyone who has fitted these particular side bars. How easy was it & what do you bolt tounderneath? Do you bolt "through" the floor itself or like onto the chassis or something i.e. do you have to lift internal carpets etc?? Did you also have to do any filing/cutting of the brackets etc?

Any info much appreciated

Regards

Chum

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 19th May 2013, 11:57
Super Moderator

I fitted Irmscher steps and they were pretty easy to do.

All fixing is done under the car on the chassis. Some of the points its just a case of removing a plastic plug which covers a threaded hole already prepared for fixing the steps too. The others need metal plates inserted into holes on the chassis.

I'm pretty sure the JSG will use the same system although they ave a middle bracket that the irmscher ones don't.

They are fairly easy to do once you decipher the instructions. But no drilling cutting etc.

Edited by: Grumps
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 19th May 2013, 12:05
Groupie

HiI fittedm the JSG sidesteps a few weeks ago. They are fairly easy to fit. theres some pre drilled holes in the chassis already. You just have to take the plastic plugs out of the holes and the bolts fit straight into them. They look good when they are on.

richie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 19th May 2013, 13:45 Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I want to have them delivered to the dealer for them to fit ready for pick up. Just wanted the info so I can let them know that I know how long it should take them to fit!!

RJDSJ1- did you have to cut a notch in a bracket for the electronic handbrake thingy??
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 19th May 2013, 20:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJDSJ1
HiI fittedm the JSG sidesteps a few weeks ago. They are fairly easy to fit. theres some pre drilled holes in the chassis already. You just have to take the plastic plugs out of the holes and the bolts fit straight into them. They look good when they are on.

richie
Where do you purchase these,I`ve looked everywhere,only place I could find was Ebay

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 19th May 2013, 20:48 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
Quote:

richie
Where do you purchase these,I`ve looked everywhere,only place I could find was Ebay

http://www.jsgdirect.co.uk/vauxhall-...teps-179-p.asp

They also sell via Ebay
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 20th May 2013, 05:17
Groupie

hi there,
i bought them off E bay. The company were very helpful. Because i work shifts i needed them to be delivered when i was going to be in, so i contacted them and arranged a delivery date with them. I ordered them on a monday and they sent them out on a thursday for a fri delivery.
One of the brackets was a bit out of line when i fitted them but with a little bit of persuation it went on, as for the rest there was not any problems. It took just over 1 hour to do them.

Richie
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 20th May 2013, 08:36 Thread Starter

Quote:
hi there,
i bought them off E bay. The company were very helpful. Because i work shifts i needed them to be delivered when i was going to be in, so i contacted them and arranged a delivery date with them. I ordered them on a monday and they sent them out on a thursday for a fri delivery.
One of the brackets was a bit out of line when i fitted them but with a little bit of persuation it went on, as for the rest there was not any problems. It took just over 1 hour to do them.

Richie

Thanks Richie.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2013, 16:13 Thread Starter

Very impressed with the bars, considering they are less than 200 they are fantastic!!
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 25th February 2014, 23:00

Going to be ordering my JSG bars tomorrow, look good in the pickies.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page