side steps jsg now with bracket pics - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 29th June 2015, 20:02 Thread Starter

Hi all after a long hot day thought I'll treat myself and brought some jsg side steps can't wait to fit them to old grey so look out for pics soon to be added.Edited by: craigm33
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2015, 20:29 Thread Starter

Well there here and look good do i fit them tonight or tomorrow I'll post pics of fitting and underside when on so u can see brackets fitted to.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2015, 21:47

Good stuff! Fitted mine and still not convinced they are right....although they are solid and being used daily... pics of where you fit the brackets and which brackets you fit would be great!

Did you do the make an offer option and save a few £? I saved a tenner.... better than nowt I guess!

Jase
Now a Grandland X Owner, formerly an Antara 2.2 CDTi (2012) in Stormtrooper White owner. But don\'t hate me for it!! Lol
https://www.grandlandforums.co.uk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2015, 22:05 Thread Starter

Yeah put in 140 and won them.did u cut ur passenger bracket mate
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2015, 06:57

no I didn't cut the bracket, don't really have the tools for that, brac are good solid metal. I moved the bracket down one notch so it wasn't held on with the two screws just one. I figured with having three. solid brackets that would be OK. Like I said, I'm not. convinced it's right but the bar is on solid and has taken weight already no problem. someone else mentioned other bars only. have two brackets each side so I was happy with the compromise.

140? Wow, you did well I offered 160 and was accepted. Saying that I had been refunded 20 from the other bars as an apology for him not delivering so it kinda balanced out.

Jase
Now a Grandland X Owner, formerly an Antara 2.2 CDTi (2012) in Stormtrooper White owner. But don\'t hate me for it!! Lol
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2015, 18:10 Thread Starter

Can i ask why ur not sure about urs put a pic up.would of thought by moving bracket forward would put them out.some people swop the brackets around didn't need to cut but i find out as im a fussy git when it comes to my antara so if it takes me all night to get it right so be it I'll take loads of picks for u so u can compare them Edited by: craigm33
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2015, 23:02

I'm sure the passengers step is further forward than the other.. but if I move the other back to match the holes will not match up.

Fitting them was like the Krypton Factor for me however I seemed to switch round the brackets.... I wasnt a happy chappy... I did make a post here asking for help from all the people who had fit them already..... but no one answered Edited by: edgejedi

Jase
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2015, 23:26 Thread Starter

Well I'll take loads of pics hopefully doing them tomorrow I'll post pics soon as for u to see if urs is the same
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 5th July 2015, 14:05 Thread Starter

Hi edge doing bars tonight at seven so pics be on later for u
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 5th July 2015, 14:09

ah cool, you're a star! good luck and may the Force be with you....

Jase

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page