Sidesteps/Sidebars. Totally Baffled - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2013, 15:10 Thread Starter
Groupie

I needed a set of side bars or steps to assist and elderly relative get in and out of the vehicle.

I ordered side bars for an Antara MK2 2011 onwards from JSG Trading on ebay.
They arrived and did not fit, it was suggested that I make the bracket holes bigger and file them out and so on. So how can they be the correct item if they do not fit !!!!!. I sent them back.

Ithen got a set of side steps from Direct 4X4. these didnt fit either but these were " a mile out ".
They now advertise that if you are fitting these to an Antara you will need extra brackets that are NOT supplied. So how canyou advertise them as being for an Antara and then admit they don't actually fitan Antara. So they went back.

Beware, this is all very confusing stuff. I still need sidestps/sidebars but dare not order any for fear that they don't fit ????????

Weird or what

Edited by: Busterboy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2013, 17:39

Thanks for the warning. Because i am thinking of buying side steps also in Direct 4X4 atleast i will not waist my time and money for the postage.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2013, 19:34 Thread Starter
Groupie

I must say that both of the above companies were excellent in the way they dealt with the problem.They both arranged couriers to pick the items up and both refunded my money without any problems whatsover.

I would have no hesitation in dealing with them again should they have what I wanted

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2013, 20:00

Hi everyone I'm new to site. I have a brand new antara 4x4. I order my side steps from eBay. Mine fitted perfect. When I first tried to fit them the holes did not line up. What it was there is a left and right made step and bracket. How I got to find out what was wright side. I fit the brackets to the car first. Than you will see that one side step out. And the other side fits perfect. Hope this helps.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2013, 20:30 Thread Starter
Groupie

I know about the steps and brackets being right and left handed.

The steps from JSG in Wales nearly fitted but the foot plates were not level ( which is dangerous )and the bars were tight up and rubbing against the bodywork which would not allow the steps to come up high enough to allow the footplates tobe level.

A friend of mine in Scotland got some from the samecompany and had exactly the same problem

Which company did you get yours from as I still need some

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2013, 20:57

Everything you are telling me is exact same problems as I was having. The minute I swap it with other it fitted perfect. They come with 3 brackets. The 2 middles are the same but the two front and two back are different. They look same but when fitted to wrong side the steps don't line up and rub against the sills. I will have a look on my eBay and see where I got them from.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2013, 21:25 Thread Starter
Groupie

I swapped all the brackets round and then took the vehicle to a local garage and they couldn't do anything with them either....JSG even sent another full set of brackets for me to try but that didn't work either
My Antara is also a 62 plate and same colour as yours. They look nice with side stepson.

post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2013, 22:51

Is there a photo of my car on here. I'm still finding my way round. They look amazing with side steps. I'm getting to rear chrome back and front nudge bars next. There just a chrome straight tube that runs across the bottom of bumpers. They look amazing. I hope you sort your problem out.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 14th April 2013, 11:21

I`ve taken the plunge, and ordered a set of Side Steps/Bars, from JSG in Wales. Didn`t want to pay the full asking price of 189.99,so as there was a Best Offer facility included on the ad, I made a cheeky offer of 150.00, and it was accepted !!. Obviously having read all of the above posts, I hope that they fit ok, but JSG are advertising them specifically as being for the "New 2013" Antara, so I hope I`ll be ok. I will let you know how I get on with having them fitted etc, once they get here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=261200360676

Edited by: Isaac Hunt

\" I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Dad did, not Screaming like the Passengers on his Bus !!\".
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 14th April 2013, 11:33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Hunt
I`ve taken the plunge, and ordered a set of Side Steps/Bars, from JSG in Wales. Didn`t want to pay the full asking price of 189.99,*so as there was a Best Offer facility included on the ad, I made a cheeky offer of 150.00, and it was accepted !!. Obviously having read all of the above posts, I hope that they fit ok, but JSG are advertising them specifically as being for the "New 2013" Antara, so I hope I`ll be ok. I will let you know how I get on with having them fitted etc, once they get here.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=261200360676
Good work. They look good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page