Side-Steps Need HELP - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 21st May 2014, 19:16 Thread Starter
Groupie

Hello I was looking to get a side steps for 2012 antara and faced a problem...
JSG are cheap but they look identical to J&J (370992407894 ebay product number) and you get free wind deflectors or boot mat. I wondered are they any good quality, anyone have/had them??

Thanks
//QuZee

2012 Corsa Limited Edition
2012 Antara Exclusive FWD
2014 BMW X6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 8th June 2014, 16:15

I have the JSG ones they seem better than the J&J ones as the JSG attach to 3 points under the car were as the J&J seem to only attach at 2.

Ben
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 8th June 2014, 21:15 Thread Starter
Groupie

Looks amazing, how much did you pay for them?
Seen pic of your antara a while ago and alloys look stunning, also you got the calipers paintedWas gonna do the same as it looks amazing but still want 20 inch alloys on it, so just waiting for tyres to wear out and going to order set of 20's and tyres as a pack (500 pound discount on rimstyle)

2014 BMW X6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 8th June 2014, 22:10

Thank you, I paid just under £190 off eBay well worth the money
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 9th June 2014, 16:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey3389
I have the JSG ones they seem better than the J&J ones as the JSG attach to 3 points under the car were as the J&J seem to only attach at 2.

Ben
Looks great! My daughter is complaining it's too much of a climb to get in haha

2010 2.0 CDTI SE
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12th June 2014, 22:25 Thread Starter
Groupie

was told today that J&J have 3 fixing points + they give away wind deflectors for free with side step, still cant decide which one to go for..

2014 BMW X6
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12th June 2014, 22:34
Groupie

I've fitted my jsg's tonight and they look great, bolts kept snapping which was a big problem, but otherwise fine
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 17th July 2014, 14:30

Just fitted the JSG side steps on my 63 reg , went on with no problemthe instructions state thatyou may have to file and cut the bracket for the models with the electric handbrake but I found that this will only happen if you put them on the wrong side.. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />
By just taking a bit longer to shuffle the brackets around from side to side there is no requirement to cut or file them... A very good fit took about2 hours todo and well worth the effort finishes off the appearance of the carboughtthem more to stop car park dinks,they look to be very solid when fitted properly.

For anyone buying them don't cut or file the rear brackettry them on both sides first, it worked for me...
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 17th July 2014, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKBMD
Just fitted the JSG side steps on my 63 reg , went on with no problemthe instructions state thatyou may have to file and cut the bracket for the models with the electric handbrake but I found that this will only happen if you put them on the wrong side..
By just taking a bit longer to shuffle the brackets around from side to side there is no requirement to cut or file them... A very good fit took about2 hours todo and well worth the effort finishes off the appearance of the carboughtthem more to stop car park dinks,they look to be very solid when fitted properly.

For anyone buying them don't cut or file the rear brackettry them on both sides first, it worked for me...
I don't suppose you can show a pic of the fittings under? I'm thinking of getting some and if it looks simple enough will get them sooner rather than later, im terrible a written instructions, i prefer something visual lol

2010 2.0 CDTI SE
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 18th July 2014, 08:32

I fitted the JSG sidesteps no problems with no alterations.

White Antara SE NAV 4X4 S/S 184 manual towing an Elddis Affinty 482.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page