Antara Owners Club banner

Knocking going over speed bumps

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  chrisg 
#1 ·
Hey all, 2012 2.2 4wd I am getting a knocking or crunch when I go over speed bumps, really hoping this isnt shocker related as the price of them seems mental! Dont suppose there is a common fault with these is there before I get it up on the jack at the weekend and start prodding and poking?

Or is there a quick way to tell what component is fecked?

#2 ·
Hi

I had them go on my wifes fiesta and it kept knocking for ages, turned out to be the shocks.

I know they are extortionate when bought new. But you can get them second hand very reasonably on Ebay. If you look on the shock their is a part number, mine is 20924216. Lots on Ebay Richy

#3 ·
Cheers buddy, defo an option - had a quick look under and I notice one of the drop links is rusted to ****, one side has been replaced but the other looks original - for the sake of £20 I might give that a go first. Strangely enough after giving everything a pull and a poke the other night it hasnt done it since haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.