Pre registered - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 25th February 2014, 22:25 Thread Starter

Picking up my pre registered Antara tomorrow 2,2 AWD in white just 20 miles on the clock 16995,part exchanged my renault grand scenic for it hope I did the right thing, but I need a heavier car for towing my caravan ,and this Antara looked stunning in white and at that price I just could not refuse it .
My onlythought is the lifetime guarantee is it still valid being the car
Is pre registered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 25th February 2014, 22:50

You would think so cause the warranty is the car not the person who buys it ( just check) with the dealer or phone customer care

White SE NAV 184 with charcoal grey leather three years old May 9th 2016
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 25th February 2014, 22:54

That is going to depend on where you bought it from,I bought my pre reg from Arnold Clarke last month with 10 miles on the clock,normaley been pretty registered you are classed as the second owner so do not get the life time warrenty,however Arnold Clarke being the biggest Vauxhall dealer in Europe have negotiated direct with Vauxhall and secured all their pre reg vehicles the benefit of the warrenty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 25th February 2014, 22:59

So is the lifetime warranty with the owner then , and does not pass on , that's not fair

White SE NAV 184 with charcoal grey leather three years old May 9th 2016
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 25th February 2014, 23:03

With the first registers owner, as the second owner you are only entitled the first three years.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 25th February 2014, 23:38

.Edited by: JR123
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 26th February 2014, 08:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry & June
Picking up my pre registered Antara tomorrow 2,2 AWD in white just 20 miles on the clock 16995,part exchanged my renault grand scenic for it hope I did the right thing, but I need a heavier car for towing my caravan ,and this Antara looked stunning in white and at that price I just could not refuse it .
My onlythought is the lifetime guarantee is it still valid being the car
Is pre registered

Welcome to the forum, make sure that the lifetime warranty is still with the car; good luck
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 26th February 2014, 09:24

Welcome,my was a pre registered one but by the dealer so includes the Lifetime Warranty,and regards towing its the best car ive had.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 26th February 2014, 19:48

The rules are that the first owner gets a lifetime warranty, however, if registered by an authorised Vx garage (either just pre reg, or as a demonstrator) and covered less than 10k, it is entitled to a lifetime warranty. it is basically, so that they are sure that the car has not been abused in any way. I bought a pre reg Corsa for my wife for Christmas, and I went through this with the dealer then.So, if you didnt ger a lifetime warranty on a pre reg car, I would go back to the dealer.... cos you ought to have had one, I suspect it is also down to the dealers discretion too.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 26th February 2014, 20:35

I was going to buy a pre-registered and was told that because it was a Vauxhall dealership that was the first owner that they would honour the lifetime warranty.

in the end I got a new one for the same price and the best px value offer from any garage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page