When did they stop making the Antara? - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 5th December 2016, 15:04 Thread Starter

I see you can no longer configure or buy an Antara from Vauxhall. Was this a recent change or have I just not noticed it for a while?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 5th December 2016, 15:55

I think it was about 12 months ago,but you can still get new ones or pre-registered ones if you look.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th December 2016, 13:33

New model out next year believe its based on a peugeot !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th December 2016, 15:50

Passed by a Pug 3008 the other day, thought so that's going to be the new 5 seat Antara replacement. I've looked at Peugeouts, mainly the smaller ones to buy as a family hatchback but never liked them, they always seem to have massive consoles dividers between passenger and driver. I do like the looks of the 508 estate but they've always excelled at the larger estates like the 507.
Edited by: Victor

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th December 2016, 16:06

Well if its based on a 3008 won't be buying a new antara replacement if that is the case mates got a 3008 won't pull you out of bed and if its only front wheel drive well forget it as i had to pull his van off site last time as he could get no grip !,
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th December 2016, 16:49

I drove and towed with a 2.0 diesel 3008 for five years until last year. It was a good car in terms of reliability, economy, interior space and engine power. It towed my 1350kg and 1500kg caravans comfortably, with plenty of power in reserve, but the 2 wheel drive on the front lacked traction and the wheels would spin on gravel from standing (the outfit was in line and the caravan loaded correctly). The two cars are completely different. As a towcar the Antara is better by far in terms of stability and weight balance, but the Peugeot had better gearing - with both cars being manual - for overtaking. I find 6th on the Antara to be nothing more than overdrive and only good for downhill cruising, with 5th OK and 4th at 2000 revs the best.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12th December 2016, 07:20

No point knocking the Antara replacement until we have at least seen the detailed specs.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12th December 2016, 15:56
jon
Groupie

from what I've read the new car will be based on the underpinnings from Peugeot that are used on the 3008 and 5008. Take a look at the new 5008 (some Youtube motorshow videos). It looks a little more like a replacement than the 3008.

2012 SE Nav 184 Manual Black (apparently, when you wash it)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page