Track your Antara - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2013, 20:58 Thread Starter

It may come as news to some of our newest members or guests who are waiting to take delivery of their Antara but there is a way where you can follow the progress of your car from it being initially allocated a build slot on the production line through to its arrival at your dealers.

The Vauxhall dealerships tend not to mention its existence but it is there and has been widely used by members on our forum.

In order to use the website, you need to obtain a unique eight digit (alpha-numeric) "tracking" number from your dealer. Please note that this tracking number will not appear on any of the paperwork provided by your dealer at the time of order.

The example below provides an idea of what information will be available to you.

https://www.trackmyvauxhall.co.uk/

Edited by: Antarius

Vauxhall Antara Exclusiv AWD in Daydream Beige
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2013, 22:17
Super Moderator

Thanks for that John some useful info.

If anyone wants to track their order and need any help please ask and we will see what we can do.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 24th May 2013, 17:28
Groupie

thank Antarius for this posting on forum rang dealer to day to ask for tracker code I got it after 3 times of asking a h..e I will never deal with this dealer again have had Vauxhall cars every 3years for 20 years or more and never had so much trouble it like pulling teeth so I got it out of him car was given build slot on 8 April and final quality check on before transport on 12 may so it should be with me on 12july hopefully so all I need to do now if find out what ship its on but any way thanks for this info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 24th May 2013, 17:52

I posted good luck to anyone who try's as it like the secret servIce and to be confidant in letting them know what you a talking about both with dealers and Vauxhall Customer Services, but the post disappeared.

White SE NAV 184 with charcoal grey leather three years old May 9th 2016
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 24th May 2013, 18:35
Groupie

ho it is going to dentist is easier but still carnt believe how long it takes to get a car now a days ive deal with a Vauxhall dealer in Weston super mare before for all my car and he puts is self out there for you I wish I could go back there
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 24th May 2013, 19:51 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispl44
thank Antarius for this posting on forum rang dealer to day to ask for tracker code I got it after 3 times of asking a h..e I will never deal with this dealer again have had Vauxhall cars every 3years for 20 years or more and never had so much trouble it like pulling teeth so I got it out of him car was given build slot on 8 April and final quality check on before transport on 12 may so it should be with me on 12july hopefully so all I need to do now if find out what ship its on but any way thanks for this info

Given the dates that you have provided we might be able to identify the ship that your car is on.

Bear with me and I'll have a look.

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 24th May 2013, 20:39 Thread Starter

Quote:
t should be with me on 12july hopefully so all I need to do now if find out what ship its on but any way thanks for this info

Hi Chris

Can I point out at the outset that there is no way of knowing for sure which ship your car will be on but given the dates that you have, I have narrowed it down to one of two ships.

The vessel carrier "Titania" is due to dock at Bristol on 02/07/13 and the vessel carrier "Torino" is due on 06/07/13, both of which fit in to your delivery date of 12/07/13.

As I type, the Titania is docked at Incheon which is the only port that Antara are loaded from, meanwhile the Torino is presently in the Japan Sea heading for Kunsan which is where the Chevrolet Aveo is manufactured.

It is still possible that the Torino could still head to Incheon to take on a cargo of Antara but I would doubt that your car would be one of them. Sinceyour car went through quality control on 12/05/13 it should be one of the first to be loaded and since the Titania is currently there, that is the ship that I would follow all the way to the UK.

You can follow the ship by going to the following website but beware, it is addictive and you will be checking it several times a day.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

If you require any help tracking the ship, just post a message and I'll help you out.

Regards

John

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 24th May 2013, 20:45
Groupie

Quote:

Chris - I've just had a quick look at the Titania is due to arrive in Portbury from Incheon on 2nd July which would fit in nicely with a delivery of 12th July.

There are two other ships due into Portbury around that time - Torino on 6th July but I don't believe that it out of Incheon and the Morning Claire on the 13th July again, I don't think that is out of Incheon (and may be a little too late for your delivery date).

So, as always - it's a lot of guesswork and inference but If I were you I'd start tracking the Titania!

Good luck.

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 24th May 2013, 20:46
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFDM
Quote:

Chris - I've just had a quick look at the Titania is due to arrive in Portbury from Incheon on 2nd July which would fit in nicely with a delivery of 12th July.

There are two other ships due into Portbury around that time - Torino on 6th July but I don't believe that it out of Incheon and the Morning Claire on the 13th July again, I don't think that is out of Incheon (and may be a little too late for your delivery date).

So, as always - it's a lot of guesswork and inference but If I were you I'd start tracking the Titania!

Good luck.

Sorry - Didn't see Antarius post. Wasn't trying to gazump him - just wanted to pass on some info.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 24th May 2013, 21:08 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFDM
Sorry - Didn't see Antarius post. Wasn't trying to gazump him - just wanted to pass on some info.

Hi Joe, I have been "gazumped" before and I'll be gazumped again, so need to worry.

At least we agree on which ship to track so if the information is wrong, I will at least have someone else to blame

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page