Phonebook - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 15th May 2016, 12:26 Thread Starter

After many attempts I am unable to download my Samsung s3 mini's phone book to the vehicle via Bluetooth. The previous owner's phone book had been downloaded OK and I deleted it. The vehicle can receive calls OK. I have followed the VX instructions but without success. Any advice would be most welcome. Nothing found on the Forum search.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 15th May 2016, 19:54

Is it possible to save your contacts to a SIM card then borrow a different make of phone and see if you can transfer them that way?

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 16th May 2016, 10:43

I have a Samsung S4 Mini work phone & that downloads the phonebook OK.

2013 SE Nav 163 Manual
\"Wot! Me?\"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 17th May 2016, 20:19 Thread Starter

Thank you gentlemen. I will try Victor's suggestion and post the result for the record.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19\" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 5th July 2016, 21:08 Thread Starter

No joy unfortunately. My VX dealer tested it yesterday during the first service and his iPhone downloaded OK. When he tried mine it wouldn't work. He said VX UK wouldn't help because it is a Bosch unit. I suspect my Samsung Galaxy SIII (about two years old) is not compatible but I'll try Bosch to see if they have any advice. I have plugged the phone into Samsung's website for any latest downloads. Although it isn't particularly important it is a feature that doesn't work and I think it should.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 6th July 2016, 08:33

Not all technology is compatible with each other .that may be the reason it does not work

2017 1.4 turbo Mokka design nav
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 6th July 2016, 19:16

I have a galaxy note 3 that is over two years old and have managed to download the phone book ok. It did take several tries deleting and reconnecting and then it worked. I would suggest persevering.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10th August 2016, 17:24

Wife has exactly the same phone and connected first time
Did her phone first as its her car anyway could that be answer ?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10th August 2016, 18:59 Thread Starter

I e-mailed Vauxhall and described the problem and my various attempts to overcome it. They replied that it was a common problem which they believe is a compatibility issue with the phone's software - just as Swinton said. On the plus side, it discourages me from using the phone when driving as I ignore all incoming calls because I don't know who's calling!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 14th September 2016, 09:28 Thread Starter

Well, following Ordav's comment I gave it another go. It worked. I cleared all Bluetooth references between the phone and car and started afresh. Different messages came up (that I hadn't seen before), including connecting to a Google app which I ignored because they want to know everything about everything in your life. After perhaps twenty minutes it was all done - only part of my contacts list to start - but then the full list after toggling between 'SIM' and 'Phone' on the car's set up screen. Thank you to everyone who showed an interest.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page