Antara Owners Club banner

Towing caravan tyre pressures

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  smith100s 
#1 ·
Im in the odd position where I own a caravan but can't tow it due to licence restrictions. Lock down has postponed my test again so I dont have experience on actually towing a van. Fortunately we have been away in it locally a few times since my father in law has dragged it out for us.

I'd be interested to know what you guys run when towing.

#3 ·
As Richy says. It is what the manufacturer specifies and it works a treat for me.

For towing, consider getting a full-size spare wheel for the car and adapt the bootwell as necessary. I don't believe you should tow a 1500kg trailer with the squirty foam or a spacesaver as a very temporary repair. If you are off on holiday the thought of trying to find a tyre 'shop with a caravan on the back doesn't sound like fun (particularly if you have a ferry to catch).

#4 ·
Thanks guys I was hoping you both would reply. Well today I managed to win a full size alloy with good tyre on ebay fo this reason. To be honest I won a full set of wheels and tyres which will allow be to run a winter set and keep one as a spare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.