Turbo fault? - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 6th November 2020, 18:33 Thread Starter

Turbo fault?

Hi, newbie here, and was just wondering if anyone can help me, I have a 2008 2.0 cdti antara that keeps going into limp mode,

I had it scanned by a friend who said it was a dpf pressure sensor problem so I had the dpf cleaned out and put back on and replace the sensor, after clearing the fault it ran amazing for a few days then went into limp mode again,

He wiped the fault again and it ran amazing for another few days then back into limp mode, after a bit I just resigned myself to driving it as it was, it drives fine but there's no turbo,

Since then I've done 2 motorway runs to Blackpool and it ran amazing for a few days afterwards of its own accord, after that the turbo seemed to kick in when the engine was cool, as soon as it warmed up it disappeared, if I turned the engine off at a red light the turbo would come back on for a few minutes,

Now it's back to limp mode, I don't want to give up on it because we love the car and I know it's only something stupid so I wanted to see if anyone had any idea before I go to a garage,

Not sure what the fault code was as I've lost touch with him

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Oh and I have another shell that is getting stripped hopefully, doors, wings, xenon headlights, tail lights, bumpers...ect, really cheap, would rather sell as much as I can before it gets scrapped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 7th November 2020, 09:21

Hi You have got to address the problem what is generating the fault code. The car is only putting itself into limp mode because it perceives it has a serious fault. You need to try to determine the fault and to do that you need to get the codes read, it normally takes, guessing, a few hundred miles to block a dpf, so if it has been cleaned it shouldn't block back up that quickly. If the fault is still the DPF then you need to determine what else could be causing this fault. I have heard of the DPF pressure hoses to the sensor splitting and causing a similar fault but don't take that for granted but it may be worth getting them inspected.

Unfortunately cars nowadays are quite complex and use PLC devices to control virtually everything they do. So in most cases to understand the root cause of the problem you need an expert to investigate, someone like Victor who seems really knowledgeable. I am merely a DIY mechanic who loves tuckering. Richy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page