Over accelerating when driving - Page 3 - Vauxhall Antara Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 24th October 2019, 08:36

Could it be possible carbon deposit build up in the throttle body, holding the butterfly flap slightly open?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 25th October 2019, 02:20

Jimmas that's was my first worry as cleaning one of them on a antara os experience ....but with the stop start resetting the revs my thoughts turn off that idea as (my thinking this is and could be wrong) the stop/start eco mode is resetting the sensor so if it was the throttle body it would still be over revving...so i think🤔🤔 possibly a sensor is picking up more intake so it's compensating for it but with the higher fuel using the engine is getting dirtier so going to try redex and see if this clears and of the main expensive fault leaving hopefully a simple one fault pick up....my be wrong but worth a try before digging deeper into the bank account

Please forgive any spelling and grammatical mistakes as these we're spared to save time lol
Jimmas likes this.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 25th October 2019, 07:14

Hi Proplus.

I share your grief mate, this is just a hole to throw money at. Did you try the Injector cleaner, years ago back in the old days of sierra 2.3 diesels I was once advised by a taxi driver to use forte diesel injector cleaner, they used to throw a can in the tank regularly which used to keep their cars running sweet. Having spoken to Forte they also claimed that in extreme circumstances you could use the fluid undiluted. So I tried this with no issues. You take the diesel filter off and empty out the diesel then refill with neat injector cleaner, refit the filter and bleed any air out, then just start the car. All unused cleaner ends up back in the tank anyway so it could be worth a try. On another approach if this is electrical you could try disconnecting all the electrical connections to the injectors etc, then look for any corroded terminals or damaged cables, if you have a code reader then try resetting the codes and see what happens. I would disconnect the battery and wait 30 mins before you disconnect any cables though. Just consider your situation is unusual so its just possible your fault may be also, don't necessarily jump to automatically replacing injectors as they are expensive. Richy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 26th October 2019, 00:33

Trust me bank account say no to the injector at the moment so mild hots on it to test area out should be out just picked up a fault reader and injector cleaner so trying it now ...hopefully is the light comes back on I'll be able to read the first fault that happens and trail and error my way through this 🤔 thanks for all the in put and will keep you informed especially if the problem doesn't come back 🙂
Cheers and really mean that
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 27th October 2019, 06:15

Is everything dry, check under the carpets for water ingress. If you can lift the sill covers under the passenger/driver doors, slide your hand under the carpets and check its dry.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 1st November 2019, 07:41

Hi sorry haven't replied soon but just did want to jinx it
So....Vauxhall wanted to change the number 4 injector 3 glow plugs and two egr valves all totaling to 944

Plan of action was to start with injector additives (the simple solution first) then slowly work my way testing each parts everytime the light reappeared

So code read at hand ( cos they didn't even reset it this time) and fuel + additive, off we go

Welll 240 miles in and not a light or problem soo far on the minus side tho...did get a spending ticket (karma for inwardly laughing at the receptionist who told me I could pay in 4 installments but wouldn't get the 25% discount from being a Vauxhall member if i did....she then spent 10 minute working out how much the installments would be and the another 20 min working out how much I'd save if I paid in ine go with my 25% of.....she was very surprised to see I'd save the same amount as i would be paying each month. .. . Oh bless the youth of today 🤣&#129315 anyway back on the topic... . So far the car purrs at 700 rev in idle and once in gear drives like a dream (including better mpg)
Might be just a fluke but my advice with anyone being told a high price to fix something research, think logical and get a second opinion before just believing the first diagnosis....
Thank you all for helping out and please forgive my spelling and grammatical errors yet again 😊😊
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2019, 07:47

Excellent, glad it appears sorted, what actually fixed it, was it the injector cleaner or did you find something else.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 4th December 2019, 02:23

No luckily all i did was use the cleaner additives in my first tank full been 700 miles and still no issues 🤞 advise anyone to try this solution first before paying out the big bucks
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 18th December 2019, 07:03

Great
Thanks for the feedback
Richy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page