Over accelerating when driving - Page 2 - Vauxhall Antara Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 12th October 2019, 16:40

Intermittent fault....service light on but no engine management light
Press break peddle the idle rev go back down but when driving it can drive 15 mph in 1st 20 in 2nd 3rd will do 25 4th 35 5th happily do 40mph all without touching the accelerator 🤔🤔🤔 tested the gear changes in local carpark....completely confusing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 13th October 2019, 09:28

Yes
When you press the brake pedal it disables the accelerator in the ECU, I think that is standard on all cars. If you have ever tried it. You cannot normally accelerate and brake simultaneously. So if ok when you press the brake pedal, doesn't this point to an accelerator problem.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 14th October 2019, 21:21

Was thinking that myself jist it's going in at the weekend and don't want a big bill for something i could easily check myself...seen some really nightmare posts about the same issue so just need to no what to explain to Vauxhall before it get out of hand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 15th October 2019, 06:55

Just had a look on 7zap and it looks like this part, the accelerator pedal, may of been superseded. The original part number was 96625895 which is no longer stocked and replaced by 20905700. I'm surprised to see a few on Ebay so your problem may not be a one off. What I don't know is whether the accelerator has to be configured in the ECU or whether it can just be swapped out. Perhaps someone else on the forum may know.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 16th October 2019, 02:14

Thanks well taking it in sat and I'll cross my fingers they know whats up . .one strange thing i found out yesterday tho....when my stop start kicks in at the lights (very rarely use it) the moment i touch the clutch the engine starts back up on normal tick over and stays ok for around 10 or so min 🤔🤔
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 17th October 2019, 05:45

ooooooooooooh
Now. that does seem strange. If that is the case it might blow the accelerator theory out of the water. Seems it could now be ECU related. its as though the ECU is losing its calibration. I totally guessing now but could this be a bad connection. Have you checked all the plugs onto the ECU and accelerator ? Have you had any ingress of water ?

At least you can get your stop start to work, since I changed my starter the only time when my stop start works is when I'm towing my caravan, when I really don't need it. Typical Antara. my car drives me insane sometimes, well most times, but I love towing with it. Its a perfect towcar.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 18th October 2019, 21:01

Thanks richy for all your help. .will keep you informed after they take a look at it ...it's just now i feel a little better going in there as usual I walk in with a magical sign that reads 'rip me off as I done know anything" ps feel your horror ovee the stop/ start as mine just work the odd occasion.....think it has to do with aircon and other strange things the antara decided the stop starts is not needed lol
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 19th October 2019, 09:04

Yes, please let me know how you get on and what the problem was. I share your same fear walking into a dealership.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 20th October 2019, 05:26

Hi there strange update on this.....probably was fixed by a simple reset of check engine light....(at the moment anyway) Vauxhall reasoning was 4 faults kicked in due to dpf not finishing it stuff probably....temp fault, air flow fault, and two other fault they forgot to mention.....says with the joint fault picked up the engine management kept the change gear smoothly thingy kick in permanently....full health check showed all ok so cross finger... all this worry for 95 fix 😊😊😊 if problem starts again I'll keep you informed
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2019, 21:11

From bad to worse....light came on so took it back and now they say the it's a number 4 injector code and glowplug....want to charge me 960 to fitnew injector new egr valve and 3 glow plugs.... all this without first testing them!!! Just cos code told them!! Going to book it in for a test and also put so redex in just to see....my guess (maybe wrong but if car is over revving then the injector would notice more fuel trying to be used so would flag up a code and might not be the initial problem 🤔🤔🤔

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page