Front Foglights: No control - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10th August 2015, 07:10 Thread Starter

The front fog lights on our 2014 SE Nav have stopped being controlled at the dashboard switch and have started coming on intermittently whilst driving with no user input whatsoever.

The rear one works fine; pressing the switch results in a slight click sound from behind the dash but pressing the front controller doesn't produce any sound. I thought it might have been a relay, so opened the box under the bonnet and swapped itbut it made no difference - still can't turn them on manually. The bulbs look good at both sides.

The front fog lights will come on and go off randomly whether the light switch is actually off/auto/side/main. They now have a life of their own; resulting in the car flashing at other drivers for no reason, which is a bit embarrassing. .

I'll be phoning peter vardy today I think!

-LaZ-

Edited by: Lazarus

Antara 163PS: Bluefin Remapped to 210PS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10th September 2015, 19:15 Thread Starter

The car is going in on Monday for two days, just to see if they can get any further on this. After waiting 10 days for a new switch the car went in to have it replaced. Nothing changed.
The lights could be properly controlled using the VX laptop but, on handing back control to the car the lights were flashing on and off like a regular at a dogging site (allegedly).
It may be the 'control unit' so they say.
We'll see. Meanwhile, almost a month on and both the fog light fuse and relay are back in my glove compartment; we're also having to drive everywhere with sidelights on in manual and living with the flashing green fog light symbol. Here's hoping for better results next week.

-LaZ-

Edited by: Lazarus

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11th September 2015, 18:07

Bad luck.

Just out of interest, where does the front fog lamp fuse and relay normally reside in the Antara as I've yet to identify it.

Under normal use the front fog lamp switch also activates the side lights front and rear (if they are off). I have this idea to re-purpose the front fogs as DRL (I've seen this one on other cars)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 14th September 2015, 15:25 Thread Starter

They live in the fuse box at the r/h side of the engine bay. And towards the top right of that too. You are correct that turning on the fog lights activates the main headlight's function; one of the reasons that we've had to drive about with the side-lights or main lights set manually to 'on' all the time, otherwise this glitch had them all flashing like a police car.
Took it in to the garage today - on the way the fog light dashboard notification didn't come on once and I was able to control them at the switch ... I hope the gremlin hasn't gone on holiday only to return 6 monthhs down the line!

-LaZ-

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12th June 2020, 20:49

I'm really sorry to bring back an old thread but I've currently had this problem for the past 6 months and every garage I've taken it to hasn't had a bloody scooby!

Did you manage to get it fixed, and if so, how?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page