DPF Regen - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 20th December 2020, 19:26 Thread Starter

Unhappy DPF Regen

Good evening gentlemen. And ladies too, of course.

I have asked this question before, but never got a satisfactory answer!

I have a 2014 Diamond s/s CDTi and I have no way of knowing when a DPF regen is taking place.......There are no indicator lights or anything, and I don't have a BC computer to tell me the MPG etc.

The only way of finding out that it is regenning is when I stop the engine and the fan kicks in, by which time I'm normally at home or at my destination. I then have to either leave it, which is damaging apparently, or go back out again, which is a pain in the arse. It's driving me nuts. Is there NO way of knowing that a regen is atking place? How does everyone else get on with it?

2014 2.2 Antara Diamond CDTi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 21st December 2020, 00:25

Garage
BC can be activated by your dealer. This isn't a magic fix but the mpg readout does help you understand when the dpf is going through the regeneration.
I wouldn't get too stressed about it, use your car normally and then when the dpf illuminates then drive it until is goes off.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 21st December 2020, 07:26

I completely agree with what smith100s has said, without the BC I don't think you have anyway of knowing if the car is doing a regen other than perhaps a smell of burning and the fan running when you switch off and then its to late, but the A/C can also have a similar effect on the fan and lead to an overrun which can give the appearance of a regen being disrupted when its not the case. I have never had my light come on but I have on another car and the best way to deal with it is to not stop the engine just keep driving until it goes off, then you know the regen has been satisfactorily completed. I have a local dual carriageway by me with roundabouts 2.5 miles apart, I just do a lap of this if my car is doing a regen and that is normally sufficient. Importantly though don't switch off if the light is on, drive until the light goes off on its own, if you do switch off and disrupt the regen then it probably won't restart its regen when you next drive the car. The other thing worth noting is that you cannot always achieve the 2000rpm on a run as advised in the manual, well don't be to concerned a regen can still be achieved when driving through towns etc its just not ideal, remember its an active system and regen is achieved by the car injecting diesel into the exhaust to generate the heat required. Richy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page