Hi from northern ireland - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 21st June 2020, 14:36 Thread Starter

Hi from northern ireland

Hi to all, from northern ireland have 2 vauxhall Astra's 1 Range Rover Sport and now this Opel antara.

I bought antara as a backup to when my main car is off the road with the mechanic.

I'm tall so this was perfect, now wifey drives it and she constantly telling me problems so been googling and fixing myself.

Had it six months,

No BC
DPF
Fuel Gauge error readings
Back mounting under vehicle needed welding.
Rear wheel bearing
Sensor by mechanic replaced to fix all the errors flashing on dashboard but failed said take it to someone deals with faults.😒

fixed dpf and understand simple run of vehicle.

Fixed BC via buying a cheap diagnostic tool and using a old dedicated laptop with program installed.

My Computer said left speed sensor malfunction so bought what said was the correct one but it was short and wrong connection a female instead of male, weird thing is searching that rear would be correct for front as it's 29inches and male pin connector. As I already got short one and notice that previously it been joined so must have ordered same as me so I cut off connector and joined new sensor and worked cleared all faults and about 5 lights vanished👍

Only problem today is fuel reading listened and pumps working, pull out drivers sensor shows gauge on dashboard stops working and fitted it goes up again passenger side pull off it stops engine. So still not sure which to replace or could be somewhere else so will be searching here for help🙂

I wanted to send it back to dealer at the time but wife loves it and I actually love the shape of it. Fuel is not economical as the Astra.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2020, 04:49

Hello and welcome to the forum.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2020, 18:26

Hi and welcome, and yeah - they can be a bit thirsty! Love mine though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page