P228c can anyone help. - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 19th May 2020, 17:26 Thread Starter

P228c can anyone help.

Hi, new member, looking for some help.
P228c code low fuel pressure
I have replaced fuel pressure sensor, fuel pressure regulator and it was serviced 600 miles ago(12 months ago) and had the 2 fuel filters replaced.
2013 2.2 cdti with 48k miles.
The code pops up out of the blue but more so if cruising up a hill, is it possible the fuel filters could be blocked?, bad fuel, the car has only done 600 miles since its service but that is in 12 months as I have a company car for work.
Anyone had this problem before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 21st May 2020, 04:29

Howdy! Try to post your question at the tech section. It seems not so people visiting the newbie section.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 21st May 2020, 07:23

I would say that your probably right, somewhere you have a fuel restriction, The car uses more fuel when travelling uphill, if you have a restriction that will then cause a pressure drop after the restriction which is probably being recognized by the sensor and tripping the fault code in the ECU. Another possibility is you could be very low on fuel. Sorento had a similar problem where the fuel tank would de-laminate and strips of tank lining material would block the fuel pickup inside the tank, this, typically on motorways, would trip the common rail low pressure sensor and cut the engine. However I have never heard of a tank issue on an Antara. Richy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page