New Owner in need of some help - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th November 2014, 13:28 Thread Starter

Morning,
I have just recently puchased a 2013 reg 2.2 exclusive AWD, when I bought the car on Wednesday I did a short test drive and the car was perfect for what we neede. WHen I picked the car up on FRi morning I took it home and started playing with my new toy. I discovers that although the Vauxhall dealer had listed the car as having bluetooth and CD 40 radio and USB port my car has none of these. After speaking to Vauxhall although my car is a 2013 reg it is actually a 2012 spec car.
Now the dealers ad on a 3rd party website stated that the car had all of the features I mentioned, am I within my rights to ask that my car be brought up to spec and if so is it even possible to retrofit the car to meet the advertised specs?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th November 2014, 15:09

Hi - and welcome!
I would say that the car was mis-advertised and you are indeed entitled to have it upgraded to the specification as listed. No doubt.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th November 2014, 19:42

Keep the advert (print it out) and speak to trading standards. Then either ask for a refund, replacement car (as per spec) or your car up-grading.Good luck

Let us know how you go on.

get it sorted soon,as the garage may say "but you've driven the car and done X miles" ! Its not worth what you paid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th November 2014, 21:12 Thread Starter

Thanks for the help, I spoe with the sales manager this evening and he is adamant they can't replace the radio but that they will install a parrots MKi9200 or else a bury CC9060. What's your thoughts?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th November 2014, 22:14

I suppose it depends on you and if your happy.
If you want to trade it in for a new vehicle in a couple of years it may not be worth as much.
Or if your keeping it,it probably wont matter.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th November 2014, 22:37
Super Moderator

Or ask for an upgraded head unit which will have Bluetooth built in and give you working wheel controls and possibly satnav. Plenty out there from Kenwood, Clarion etc and some cheaper options which wouldnt cost much more than the parrot kit.

Edited by: Grumps
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 10:10 Thread Starter

Just wondering if the touch and connect system could be retrofitted and would work properly
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 11:01

The systems in the car are factory install and cannot be changed. Mine is also a 2012 model first registered in 2013 but is the SE Nav which does have bluetooth and USB. My wife's Meriva does not have the Nav or HF but does have Bluetooth. There are a number of infotainment options but once fitted cannot be swapped.
No, the 'touch and connect' (no touch with iOS) cannot be retrofitted.

Are you sure you don't have USB hidden in the bottom of the well behind the gear stick?
It would be to the side of the 12VDV, and quite concealed, with an Aux-in mini jack above it.
They usually have USB/Aux even without the HF.

I suspect your dealer simply made a mistake with the advert because
there are so many models and options. Is this a Vx dealership? Talk to
them before all else. Parrot will HF your phone on a separate system. Talk to them, they may well be able to find you a model with all the bells and whistles.

I do believe you are entitled to return the car for a full refund but you've got to ask yourself how important the HF phone is. I have have had this type of unit in our vehicles for a few years now but hardly ever use it.

Finding a high-end spec nearly-new model is tricky because these will be ex-fleet and lower spec, the high-spec models are mostly private sales and they generally get kept for several years before coming back on to the market.

Edited by: jefrs
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 11:09 Thread Starter

Cheers Jefrs,
It just amazes me that they advertise these units on their website for owners then they cant be fitted to your car.
The information out there is pretty useless. There are two main dealers in NI, one says it can be fitted and another says it cant. The one who says it cant is the one I am dealing withI know it sounds like I am being very fussy over the details of the car but I went quite a bit over my budget to get this car based on the spec listed and it feels like I have been dupped into the purchase.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 11:39

Hi, If its the CD30 you have fitted, there is only an aux connection in the tray behind the gear stick. I would think at the very least the dealer should give you something towards an upgrade. I would initially play it polite and understanding and accept it as an honest mistake, then up it if its going nowhere !!There is a thread somewhere in the forum where some owners were ordering new Antaras but they had the year before spec so had to wait longer for the correct spec. If its any consolation, the cd 30 / cd 40 are not up to much when compared to after market units. As already said, Kenwood etc offer great units if your budget can stretch. There are cheaper options , Koolerton and Asure. I went for the latter, for the money it looks good, sound is brill and has a quality sat nav. Good luck getting it sorted.This is the one I replaced my CD30 with http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3208784960...075%26_rdc%3D1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page