New Owner in need of some help - Page 2 - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 11:46

I know the factory units cannot be retro fitted for a fact because I looked into it with the Meriva.

Once fitted they cannot be changed, the thing in the middle of the dash is not all in the middle of the dash but elsewhere around the car too.

Sat down with the dealership Eden Newbury who are really very good, yes they are.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 14:33
Super Moderator

Aftermarket and upgrade systems are available and can be fitted I have one but will the dealer pay for it that is the big question.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 16:40

If you are happy with the car and it's just about the Bluetooth/Phone function, I'd be tempted to go with a Parrot unit; at least that way you can take it with you when you change the car in the future! It all depends on how much 'hassle' you are willing to go through to get what you want.
-LaZ-

Antara 163PS: Bluefin Remapped to 210PS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 18:25 Thread Starter

I'm not sure how much I really want to push it, does now seem to be a matter of principle with me, after speaking with the dealer they informed me that they cant fit an after market head unit as it will disable the trip computer.
The worst thing about this is the fact that I know it a lie, this dealer has three branches inNorthern Irelandand I spoke to the other two branches before I approached my dealer, both of their sister branches comfirmed that vauxhall recommended the CX501E, NX301E and NX501ERV as after market installations are say that they wont affect any of the BC functions. I really dont know what to do, the wife loves the car already but I hate feeling like I have been mislead
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 19:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgr1980
I'm not sure how much I really want to push it, does now seem to be a matter of principle with me, after speaking with the dealer they informed me that they cant fit an after market head unit as it will disable the trip computer.
The worst thing about this is the fact that I know it a lie, this dealer has three branches inNorthern Irelandand I spoke to the other two branches before I approached my dealer, both of their sister branches comfirmed that vauxhall recommended the CX501E, NX301E and NX501ERV as after market installations are say that they wont affect any of the BC functions. I really dont know what to do, the wife loves the car already but I hate feeling like I have been mislead
Then I would get both of these sister branches to give you pukka quotations for the work and present it to the branch you bought it from.

It's that or get your dealer to provide you with a car having the bits you bought. The book value of a vehicle is largely based on its year, the options do not figure highly. So to them, your model with the options is much the same value as your car without.

I shall enquire (again) of my dealership tomorrow because I need to see them anyway but when we had the aftermarket parking sensors installed to her Meriva I had enquired of an upgrade to the Nav version and was told it was not possible for the reasons given before: they would have to re-build the car's dash electrical systems and loom. So I am not sure who is telling you what.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 19:36

If you are very happy with the car I would get them to fit the best parrot system you can get . They can stream music over bluetooth and probably work better and if you have the steering wheel controls they should be able to connect to them.
We have the touch and connect in are se nav but the sat nav is not up to much we use are tomtom that allows for the caravan . We do not have voice activation with the vauxhall unit but I am sure a parrot will have it.
Ask if they will do a deal on you first services as the Antara is not cheap to services
Good luck with the car the wife likes ours now she has got use to the size after the Mini countryman.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 6th December 2014, 09:07 Thread Starter

Morning,
Just a quick update on the progress, after the salesman telling me that the dealership couldnt retro fit a new head unit with intrigrated bluetooth without deactivating my display I rightly or wrongly threatened to return the car.
I was angered by the way he spoke to me and I made a angry retort, any I told him I would leave it with him for one day. This was at 16:50 last Tuesday.
At 09:05 Wednesday morning I recieved a phone call from the dealership, this time from a different salesman saying that they had contacted vauxhall direct and that they could indeed fit a touch and connect system to the car without disabling the trip computer and that would do it free of charge. The car is booked in this wednesday. I will post before and after photos just in case anyone else has this issue with a dealer in the future.

On a slightly different note, the elctronic handbrake when applied in neutral allows the car to be pushed backwards, the only way I can get the car not to roll backwards is to leave it in gear. Is this normal for Antaras?
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 27th October 2020, 22:35

i have a 2008 antara. the bluetooth works but the radio and satnav doesn't.Any suggestions?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page