Forum Advert - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 31st January 2014, 14:24 Thread Starter
Dan
Administrator

Hi everyone,<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">You may notice the appearance of an advert at the top of the forums, I have taken the decision to add an extra one to cover the hosting costs for this year. I hope you understand and that it is not too intrusive for you.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I promise no further adverts will be displayed anywhere else on the forums and I also promise never to charge you for access / membership like some forums do.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">As ever, if you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 31st January 2014, 15:38

A bit of traitor coming through being a vauxhall Antara forum lol.
Can't fault you, you need to cover your costs.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 31st January 2014, 17:30
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligaf
A bit of traitor coming through being a vauxhall Antara forum lol.
Can't fault you, you need to cover your costs.

I havent spoken to Dan but the ads will probably be cookie based so everyone will see different ads.

So just watch what your browsing or you might get a shock at whats advertised at the top of the screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 1st February 2014, 09:31

I don't particuarly mind ads, but when I click on the "Don't show this ad again" button, I expect the ad in question will not be shown again.

I am seeing an ad from a company I am in dispute with over delivery charges. I will never use this company ever again, so I hit the don't show button, but the add continues to show every time I look at a page on the forum.

Can anything be done to make sure when we don't want an ad to show, that the don't show button actually works.

Antara SE Nav 184 AWD Auto. Silver/Black
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 1st February 2014, 09:42 Thread Starter
Dan
Administrator

They will be interest based - which should mean this being a car forum you'll see car related ads. It also means you look at a dishwasher on the curry's site and you'll see dishwasher ad's. You can opt out of retargetting by visiting this site; http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 1st February 2014, 09:58

I am in dispute with a company who supplies furniture over delivery charges. I just didn't want to see ads from this company all the time. I used the "Don't show this ad again" button, but the add kept showing each time I viewed a page on the forum. I restarted the browser, but the ad was still there.

It now seems to have stopped showing the unwanted ad. Maybe the opt out just takes a little time to get accepted. I have already opted out of all interest based ads, but I'm afraid it doesn't work all that well, as you still get unwanted adds related to sites you have visited. In any case, opting out of interest based ads does not stop all ads, as you then get bombarderd with random ads anyway.

I suppose that's the price of a "FREE" internet.

Antara SE Nav 184 AWD Auto. Silver/Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page