FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Vauxhall Antara Owners Club and Forums. Please pop by our Newbies forum to introduce yourself and feel free to start posting in the rest of the site.

Our forums are free to join and use!

Start/stop not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Andy w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:57pm
Yes I’ve read them . I gave it a good run this eve 2 0 odd miles .. no start stop though .. surely the battery should be charged enough !!! Anyway a diagnostic might tell me something.
Sponsored Links

Dulac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dulac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:57am
That should have done the trick, if the battery is capable of holding a full charge. A simple voltmeter check will confirm that. With electronics issues, others on these pages have suggested disconnecting the battery for a while and discharging the car's electrical system before reconnecting. Sometimes this resets the electronics. However, you need the radio code to hand before doing this. Should you need a new battery then look into what is specified for your vehicle, not any old low cost 12v off the shelf at a motor factors, for example. A forum search will reveal first hand experience on these matters from other members. Do let us all know the outcome.
2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
Andy w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 9:47pm
Hello latest on start stop .
Had my car back into where i bought it from ..they took it to Vauxhall had a diagnostic ...because the strt stop wasn’t working and the aircon wasn’t ..but i was told it just needed a regas so well do it when we bring your car in ..( a few days after i bought it ) ..so my car as been with in the garage 8 days now ..and eventually after many a test they are going to put in a new compressor for the aircon as it was more than just a regas ...and they assure me that that will enable the start stop system to work properly again ..as it wont kick in while theres a fault with the car !! Why do i think that it wont cure the start stop !! ..ive owned the car 12 days and been in the garage 8 !! I’m not impressed at all !! And ive not been given a time when it will be done either ..in fairness its all being done by the garage expense ..and quite right too !!

Edited by Andy w - 22 May 2018 at 9:50pm
Andy w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:28pm
Got my Antara back and the aircon is now working ...
But the start stop is still not ...ill give it a week or two to see if it kicks is in ..the Vauxhall’s technicians have charged the battery and checked with no faults ...so whats the next step ?
Diamond Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diamond Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 7:50pm
Many just switch the start/stop off anyway as it causes more wear on the starter and battery and hardly saves any fuel anyway.
Antara Diamond 163bhp 2.2cdti 4wd in Sovereign Silver with black interior
Andy w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:19pm
I know but i would like to have the option ..its quite a feature of the car ..do you think a change of battery will do the job ..?
Dulac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dulac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 9:41am
It is a gamble - and an expensive one if your battery is OK.

'An AGM battery can be identified by the label on the battery. We recommend the use of an original
Vauxhall battery.
Notice
Using an AGM vehicle battery different from the original Vauxhall vehicle battery may result in a lower
performance of the stop-start system.'

It is reported that the braking vacuum affects the stop/start operation. As Diamond Dave says, I always turn stop/start off simply because it is an unnecessary nuisance and I wish the default position was the other way around.
2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
Andy w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 7:50pm
Did a lot of driving today and the start stop worked 3 times .. ... at. At various times just random really .. but it actually worked !! Does this mean my battery is dodgy ..? And that’s all .?
kevin b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Andy w Andy w wrote:

Did a lot of driving today and the start stop worked 3 times .. ... at. At various times just random really .. but it actually worked !! Does this mean my battery is dodgy ..? And that’s all .?

See page 3 post 8.
2012 antara 2.2 cdti exclusive 4x4 s/s pulling 2016 Sterling Elite 560
Andy w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 12:04am
Latest on the stop start ..sorry I’m boring you all ..but i have it and i want it to work..
It seems to be working more regular but ...only when the engine is cold .yep cold ...short journeys and it kicks in ..longer journeys and ..no chance !! .shouldnt this be the other way around ? The dealer says run it for a bit and see how you go !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic