FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Vauxhall Antara Owners Club and Forums. Please pop by our Newbies forum to introduce yourself and feel free to start posting in the rest of the site.

Our forums are free to join and use!

Start/stop not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Andy w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:32pm
Oh one other thing ..ill do this A38 at 3000 revs every week ..will this be enough to give the particular filter a good clean out ..!? Thanks again .

Edited by Andy w - 14 May 2018 at 7:49pm
Sponsored Links

swinton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swinton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:06pm
You are not turning the eco mode off every time you start the car are you .if so you are turning the stop start off
2017 1.4 turbo Mokka design nav
Andy w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:13pm
No ..i keep the eco mode on all the time so far .is there a noticeable drop in engine performance ?when the eco is enabled ? As when mine on ..then i switch it off theres no difference >
Dulac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dulac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:56pm
Mine usually needs an uninterrupted run of 15/20 miles to complete a cycle and this occurs every 500 miles or so. I think the DPF light on the instrument panel only illuminates during driving when the system is seriously fouled.
2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
kevin b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 9:35pm
Is the eco light on on the eco button.
2012 antara 2.2 cdti exclusive 4x4 s/s pulling 2016 Sterling Elite 560
Andy w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 11:05pm
Yes .. Its a Amber coloured light should it be green ?
swinton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swinton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:27am
The light is amber.turning the eco button on /off makes no difference to performance all it does is turns the stop start off which saves fuel when stood and it is activedted .the stop start does not come on on a regular basis mine did not come on all the time but the eco button was never turned off
2017 1.4 turbo Mokka design nav
kevin b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:53am
When I got my car eco did not work so it went to VX & they found no faults on computer even though it was not working. My battery was a bit weak as it was winter so I changed battery & s/s started to work. If battery is changed it must be suitable for s/s to work.
2012 antara 2.2 cdti exclusive 4x4 s/s pulling 2016 Sterling Elite 560
Andy w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:18am
Ok well thanks guys I know a bit more .. I’m not gonna change the battery for the sake of the start stop .. tbh I’ve not given it a good run yet so I’ll keep driving it and see if it kicks in over the coming weeks .. but Ian taking the car back in tomorrow so I’ll ask them to run a diagnostic .
I’ll update you .. thanks again .

Edited by Andy w - 15 May 2018 at 11:19am
Dulac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dulac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:11pm
There are about three pages on the stop/start system in the owner's manual, including conditions which affect it.
2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic