FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Vauxhall Antara Owners Club and Forums. Please pop by our Newbies forum to introduce yourself and feel free to start posting in the rest of the site.

Our forums are free to join and use!

Start/stop not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
swinton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swinton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 8:07pm
It may need to go and do a regen .take it for a run on a motorway if poss or a decent run keep in 3rd doing about 2-3 ooo mph the stop start should come back on .dont turn the eco button off on the dash or that will stop it .there are posts on her that will tell you all about it .
2017 1.4 turbo Mokka design nav
Sponsored Links

Victor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 8:26pm
New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 minutes ago at 8:07pm
Swinton said:
It may need to go and do a regen .take it for a run on a motorway if poss or a decent run keep in 3rd doing about 2 - 3ooo mph the stop start should come back on .dont turn the eco button off on the dash or that will stop it .there are posts on her that will tell you all about it .

>>> Keep it about 2 - 3000 mph Swinton? He'd need a jet engine or two for that Smile 
2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
Bigjohnsparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigjohnsparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 8:27pm
Hi Andy w welcome to the forum
Does your Antara have start stop ?
Have a look at the log book and it should tell you with what model and have SS if you don’t have SS then you don’t have it fitted
I think you’ll find Automatics don’t have SS only manual gearboxes have it

2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554   m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
Bigjohnsparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigjohnsparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Victor Victor wrote:

New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 minutes ago at 8:07pm

<div ="msg">Swinton said:
<div ="msg">It may need to go and do a regen .take it for a run on a motorway if
poss or a decent run keep in 3rd doing about 2 - 3ooo mph the stop start
should come back on .dont turn the eco button off on the dash or that
will stop it .there are posts on her that will tell you all about it .
<div ="msg">
<div ="msg">>>> Keep it about 2 - 3000 mph Swinton? He'd need a jet engine or two for that Smile 

Yep I was told these 1.4 mokkas were fast must be the super super turbos   
2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554   m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
swinton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swinton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:19pm
Ok it should have said 2-3000 revs .. No one is perfect

Edited by swinton - 12 May 2018 at 9:20pm
Dulac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dulac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 9:35am
Andy w - welcome to the forum. It will help others if you add the vehicle details to your personal details to appear as a footer on each of your posts. Swinton's point about the DPF regen is quite important and Antara owners ignore the process at their peril. There is a mass of information about this subject (i.e. DPF) on the forum, via the 'Search' facility.
2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
kevin b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Andy w Andy w wrote:

Hi ..
This is my first post ..just purchased an Antara 2012   2.2 se and i cannot get my start stop work ? It’s on eco mode ..ive read the manual any ideas ??
Thanks
Is eco light on on the button, it may have a weak battery or the senor on the battery is faulty causing eco mode not to work.
2012 antara 2.2 cdti exclusive 4x4 s/s pulling 2016 Sterling Elite 560
Andy w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 1:11pm
Hi again thanks for the advice . Well I’ve had a good look at the forums re regen etc and s doesn’t a green light have to come on to tell you to regen .. ? My model is Antara 2.2L SE CDTIS/S in eco mode engine warm I put it in neutral at traffic lights handbrake on remove my feet from any pedal and doesn’t stop ..I’ve also read that lots of conditions have to be met enable it to come on.. think I’ve fulfilled them .. not sure from here
Thanks again people .
swinton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swinton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 5:45pm
The green light does not always come on
Andy w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:29pm
Hello again
I did has you advised ..i took it a run on the A38 in 4th approx 3000 revs for about 15-20 mins ...still no start stop .!!
In fact when i Put it in eco mode .. theres no difference in the performance at all ..i dont know the car enough to know if its not coming on ..but it is nippy when i put my foot down ...
Had the car 3 days ..and i recon the eco mode is not working ..hence no start stop ..what do you guys think ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic