FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Vauxhall Antara Owners Club and Forums. Please pop by our Newbies forum to introduce yourself and feel free to start posting in the rest of the site.

Our forums are free to join and use!

Start/stop not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Jmamp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Start/stop not working
    Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:16pm
Hi we have just had a swan neck tow bar With 13 pin electrics fitted on our 2014 antara SE. Since fitted the start/stop has not worked at all. Why could this be? The towbar fitter is coming to check on Monday but is happy all fitted correctly.
Sponsored Links

Bigjohnsparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigjohnsparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:35pm
Hi jmamp
Welcome to the forum
If you go to the top right hand corner of page and enter your question in search bar you will get a lot of information

http://www.antaraownersclub.com/forum/stop-start-not-working_topic2769.html
2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554   m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
Jmamp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:41pm
Thanks I've read through them and understand reasons why might be working but wondered if it could be directly linked to towbar fitting. Any ideas please? Obviously will know more of works once he's disconnected towbar on Monday as if works then must be direct problem ?
Bigjohnsparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigjohnsparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:59pm
I hope they fitted something like this kit which just plugs into plug under vehicle near rear exhaust back box so that reversing sensors. rear fog light. Are switched off and you get green tow bar symbol come up on dash when trailer or caravan are hitched up. Plus in this kit it comes with the extra cable relay so fridge can be running when towing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280762219134

Edited by Bigjohnsparky - 25 Mar 2017 at 1:03pm
2012 Antara 2.2cdti 163ps Awd SE Nav Auto in Smokey eye Grey with light Titanium interior. With 19 full size matching spare.
Towing a Bailey Pegasus 554   m.t.p.l.m. 1492kg
swinton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swinton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 4:12pm
That's what's fitted to my antara .did not effect the stop start . Only time
Mine stops is when it wants a reg
2017 1.4 turbo Mokka design nav
Victor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 5:55pm
Surely the most likely thing is that the battery has been run down during testing of the lights etc. If the battery is not in a high enough state of charge then the Stop/Start will not work. 
2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
edgejedi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgejedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 9:45am
Originally posted by swinton swinton wrote:

Only time Mine stops is when it wants a reg
Mine too - I only just recently realised that the two things are connected.
Jase
Now a Grandland X Owner, formerly an Antara 2.2 CDTi (2012) in Stormtrooper White owner. But don't hate me for it!! Lol
https://www.grandlandforums.co.uk
chrisg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Victor Victor wrote:

Surely the most likely thing is that the battery has been run down during testing of the lights etc. If the battery is not in a high enough state of charge then the Stop/Start will not work. 

My thoughts as well.
My wife says that I never listen or something like that !
2.2 diesel Diamond 63. Swift Challenger 580
Dulac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dulac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 2:23pm
The owner's manual certainly confirms this:
'Stop-start system
The stop-start system helps to save fuel and to reduce the exhaust emissions. When conditions allow, it
switches off the engine as soon as the vehicle is at a low speed or at a standstill, e.g. at a traffic light or in a traffic jam. It starts the engine automatically as soon as the clutch is depressed. A battery sensor ensures that an Autostop is only performed if the battery is sufficiently charged for a restart.'

I never use the thing but others have reported that the feature fails to work during a DPF regen.

2015 2.2 CDTi SENav 163ps manual 4x4 in Carbon Flash with 19" alloy spare towing a Bailey Unicorn III Madrid @ 1500kg.
Andy w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 7:57pm
Hi ..
This is my first post ..just purchased an Antara 2012   2.2 se and i cannot get my start stop work ? It’s on eco mode ..ive read the manual any ideas ??
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic