Antara - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 1st January 2018, 12:59 Thread Starter

Had a slight oil drip from camchain side of engine on 2·2 2012 antara drove it to petrol station about one mile lost 3pint of oil”Now when I run it just ticking over or slight revs -no oil leak anyone any ideas on this problem as I don't like to run it on road thanks Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 1st January 2018, 14:46

Maybe there's no oil left to leak out? If you're short by more than 3 pints then I don't think there's any registering on the dipstick, so who knows how much oil is in it now? Ordinarily, when the oil is up to the mark it actually runs the timing chain in an oil bath so if the timing casing / sump joints are leaking it will be at its worst when the sump is full. Either way, you cn't run it for long like this and need to seek workshop assistance pronto.. Sorry for the rotten start to your New Year budddy.

2015 Antara Exclusiv 2.2 163ps Manual 2WD
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 1st January 2018, 16:34 Thread Starter

Dave= thanks for the reply but what I did was to top it up with 3 pints of oil that's all I had in the garage because it had dropped one large amount of oil on our road and one at petrol station towed it home . But my problem is that one minute it's spilling lots of oil then left on tickover -No oil leak what I'm wondering am I looking at chain cover when it could be something else.there is oil around the belt and pulleis .just wondering if anyone has had same symptoms thanks Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 1st January 2018, 17:57

timing cover gasket or rear crank seal housing gasket are known problems with antara

2012 antara 2.2 cdti exclusive 4x4 s/s pulling 2018 Elddis Avante 554
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 1st January 2018, 19:56

But would either of those produce such a big loss of oil? I always assumed they were drips..

2015 Antara 2.2 Exclusiv 2WD Manual 163 ps Carbon Black
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 1st January 2018, 22:06 Thread Starter

From Archie the Antara engine was leaking very very slightly but the last time I took it for a run (1 mile) I thought it could have been the turbo feed pipe or something similar or something else I've missed any suggestions are all welcome cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page