Antara Owners Club banner

Another problem and breakdown

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Victor 
#1 ·
Driving back home last night and loud bang, car went into limp home mode with DPF light and engine management light illuminated, engine sounds like a bag of marbles instead of oil inside it with very loud banging, noticed small amounts of oil sprayed on firewall and smoke coming from rear of engine. It last week we got it back from garage after having a new turbo and exhaust manifold fitted, we did notice the fuel gauge needle also dropping right down saying it's got no fuel when it's got plenty in, any ideas what it could be please? I'm gearing the worst and as it stands were probably going to be 5k out of pocket with nothing to show for it on a car we've had for a month.

#6 ·
It's a rotten situation to be in, when a man's got all the finances and the insurance etc arranged and quite keen to start using the new car then it all goes belly up. Little comfort to get your money back because you need a car.

If it's really bad I'd see about getting another car off the same dealer - all his cars can't be bad ones and he'll probably be keen to try and get you sorted out. Their reputations matter to them (well if they have any sense).

#7 ·
That's the problem, we spent ages looking for a car that we liked and was within our budget, we weren't blessed with having the biggest budget but this car suited with a little bit left over to buy some genuine floor mats, boot protector, dog guard, full valet and detail, timing belt change was unknown do that was next on the list along with a service. After spending a bit more than we had due to insurance increase were stuck with nothing and the garage doesnt have any other cars in we'd take. The fact is though in the month we've had the car it's only been on the road for a week, it's my wife's only form of transport but luckily I can use the company van for personal use so I can help with school runs etc when off. If we were to seek a refund I think we'd be quite a bit out of pocket now and would have to get a cheaper car which could bring its own problems again. The car did come with a 6 month warranty so hopefully they will cover this repair, it's the inconvenience of fault after fault that's frustrating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.