GuardX anyone? - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 5th June 2013, 20:23 Thread Starter

My Antara has been treated with GuardX by the dealer. Anyone any experience of this stuff?

I have a kit to replenish periodically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2013, 19:50
Groupie

I use supaguard and lifeshine . Both are great. Both are cheap No more than 50 for the kit, The cost is in the labour . However it does work .
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2013, 20:33

Had diamond brite before got it free with a car wouldn't pay for it as IMO didn't notice any difference from cars I've had without
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2013, 20:41
Groupie

It works best with solid colours . Blacks ,whites ,reds , yellows. Basically Non metalics. You will still get contaminants but are generally easier to remove. My last car , a black bmw 3 serries was so good after 7 years that the buyer asked if it hd been resprayed. I wouldn't pay 500 for it but if you buy the kit and do it yourself it is worth it
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2013, 21:39

Diamond brite in white! Love the stuff!

Clean my mother in laws without it and it looks no where near as good as mine! Both done on the same day with same products!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2013, 21:59 Thread Starter

Mine was applied by the dealer & I got the aftercare kit. It didn't cost me anything as I bartered for mats, flaps & paint protection to be thrown in after I'd screwed the price down as far as I could.

The glass treatment is fantastic, beads water like a ducks back. I used a similar product years ago called rain-x, we used to use it on our visors when riding motorcycles- when it rained all you had to do is turn your head to the side & all the water disappeared!!

Banned for being an ignorant ****..
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2013, 23:05

Try
www.carshop.co.uk there is a video on it as well as on youtube.
We have used diamond Brit or glaze its the same sort of thing it have a mirror glaze and a lacquer.
Wilma

White SE NAV 184 with charcoal grey leather three years old May 9th 2016
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2013, 23:45
Super Moderator

All of the above are pretty much the same and a bit of a rip off by the dealer. Im not keen on them if you want to keep your paintwork perfect have a look at detailing your car and doing it properly yourself.

Claying, polishes and waxes are the way to go. Do it twice a year and you wont have any problems. Its so easy to wash and keep clean. Even dead bugs are easy to clean off. You know that paintwork is protected by waxes and polish and not some imaginary hock-us pock us.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2013, 07:34

Totally agree with Grumps on this one - regularly use snow foam and autoglym shampoo, fast glass, tyre dressing and plastic/rubber dressing. Then a couple of times a year clay and resin polish.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 14th July 2013, 22:46

What does everyone use on ther rear bumper? I have a few white scuff marks from stones etc and a small one from a supermarket trolley, infact Iam a little disappointed at the quality finish of the bumper. I dont have much nails on my fingers but without much effort I managed to scrape a discrete part of the bumper with my pinky nail and it scraped it to show white. The paint finish on it cannot be that thick. I clean it with a silicone based cleaner to keep the shine but need something to get the white scuffs back to black. Any ideas guys??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page