Interior polish - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 30th October 2014, 22:05 Thread Starter

I always use Auto Glym products on all my cars. However I can never get the interior door panels clean properly without streaking, or when they get wet water marking.

What do other folk use.

Mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 30th October 2014, 22:33

Sounds basic but I use water with a bit of washing up liquid in it with a cloth well wrung out. Buff it with an old towel and then a bit of Mr Sheen on a cloth. Seems to get rid of the streaks and comes up a treat. Interestingly when I bought my triumph motorbike I asked the dealer what they polished the bike with in the showroom and he said they only ever used the cheapest spray polish on everything.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 31st October 2014, 04:34

I use back to black or cockpit shine neither leave streaks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 26th November 2014, 01:03

Can't go far wrong with a bucket of suds and a damp cloth.

I caught the Vx valet chappie molesting cars on the forecourt and asked him what he used to shine up the bonnet emblem ('cos it's blotchy grey). That was a language barrier problem for starters because I think he's Polish (so we shout very loud and slowly, in English) but finally worked out he uses cockpit spray, but I find that makes the genuine dash plastic all sticky. So don't use cockpit spray on the bonnet emblem, 'cos it makes the black bits go blotchy, use AG bumper and rubber ...

Let's see: saddle soap gets white paint off black leather car seats and Turtle Wax "Platinum Series Essential Leather Cleaner & Conditioner" (phew) brings them up all nice again.

The spray can of 'Scotts Upholstery Cleaner' that Vx give you in the paint protection kit removes diesel from carpet (yuk!)

I'm not one for scrubbing the interior much but the littlest Dyson Animal actually sucks crud out of the carpets and seats. Whereas other portable vacs, don't.

Meguiar's "Quik Detailer" (sic) is useful everywhere as is AG Fast Glass spray (much the same stuff): no residue smears.

The A/C clears window mist PDQ but a couple of 1kg bags of ThoMar 'Air Dry' reusable desiccant seems to be absorbing November's dampness and stopping it happening in the first place. A rather large damp doggie doesn't help much either.
Scrubbing the inside of the screen with AG "Glass Polish" seems to stop condensation forming and streaking to a large extent. That gets done every few weeks through winter so I can see out properly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page