Antara Owners Club banner

BC not working

46K views 86 replies 36 participants last post by  Gazell34 
#1 ·
Hi just joined and only just took delivery of my Antara but the BC does not work any ideas model FWD Exclusiv 2.2TDI

Many thanks used site when looking for a new towcar and found the forum very useful

See less See more
#3 ·
Scottyboy said:
Hi just joined and only just took delivery of my Antara but the BC does not work any ideas model FWD Exclusiv 2.2TDI

Many thanks used site when looking for a new towcar and found the forum very useful

Pre 2013 FWD Exclusive models didn't come with a trip computer as standard! Hard to believe I know as we stood there in a dealers in shock at the discovery of this.

That's the "model build" & not the registration that 2013 relates to as there are plenty of 2012 models being offered but registerd with a 2013 plate.

#8 ·
help wanted for retro fitting of the trip computer. getting desperate to fit now as garage has sold me this car allegedly with trip computer on. I am trying to get them to take the car back as its not as advertised. they are trying to get it retro fitted but can only come up with stand alone system which is no good to me. I am on a time limit re: withdrawing from my finance and only have approx. 10 days left. this is due to garage dragging their feet. im hoping I can do all their leg work and point them in the right direction. also can the Bluetooth be retrofitted too?

#11 ·
Steviec1888 said:
Hi there, I had the same problem when I purchased my Antara. Dealer pleaded ignorant to the car not having bc. I had to buy op com from Amazon for £18.40 delivered and an antara forum member was kind enough to give me the details to activate bc. Works great.
Stevie maybe you could start a new thread and write up an quick guide on how to activate it and i will make it a sticky for everyone to use.

#12 ·
hi guys
here is how to program bc using op-com, this is for BID screen.

1 open op-com program
2 select 2010 year
3 select astra H
4 select infotainment, you will now see another screen
5 from the screen select program code index
click on 02 and click program.
job done,
check your screen code on the hidden menu on the radio cycle through it till you find d/d 01, number might be different to what mine was set at, if it is different you just program with the next number up, eg, 01-02, 03-04 etc,etc

#15 ·
Hi Eddie as posted above you need to get opcom and follow the steps posted above to get it to work.

Opcom units can be bought on eBay and connects via a laptop to your Antaras diagnostic plug which you can see below the coin tray next to the ignition. It looks a bit like a scart plug you find on tv's etc

#17 ·
janet1970 said:
I have managed to solve my problem with the trip computer......I made the garage take the car back for miss-selling it to me as it was advertised as having one on there
That's the way to do it Janet take no nonsense and no prisoners just the way I like to work

#26 ·
vexorg thanks for the advice. I was happy with the deal I got on the fwd diamond. admittedly I was not aware that it may not have the BC facility. but its no great loss.
is it possible that the BC is on my car but I have not yet done enough miles for any information to show? someone seemed to suggest this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.