Engine Oil used at the Factory. - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 1st January 2014, 21:59 Thread Starter
SJG

Anybody know what brand of oil the factory put in the Antara?

I have asked before in another thread but the question was never really answered and I would like to know, I like to keep to the same brand for topping up if needed. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 1st January 2014, 22:07
Super Moderator

Dexos2 is the grade recommended and is reasonably priced if you shop around dealers I bought litre from Arnold Clark for £27 I think.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2014, 11:00
Groupie

Hi all while driving to work yesterday a light appeared on the dash a spanner and a oil can in yellow but went off after a few seconds but when i first start the car it comes on for a few seconds then goes off again my Antara has done 10'855 miles i have had the car since October 2013 new with 4 miles on the clock looking at the hand book the warning light is the engine oil life monitor and this indicates that the oil has diminished so the oil needs changing and must be done within 600 miles or engine power may be decreased .I phoned Arnold clark Glenrothes and talked to a very nice lady called Amanda this morning and and asked her how much for an oil and fillter change for my Antara they say the Antara needs its first service as its over a year old as they go by the build date not the first registration date. I just wanted to find out from the forum if this is correct what Arnold clark at Glenrothes are telling me i don't have a problem getting the Antara its first service if this is the correct information they are telling me . But i do have to ask the Question with the Antara first registered in October last year and in my possession for only 10 months and with barely 11'000 is this correct ???????????.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2014, 11:12 Thread Starter
SJG

No this is not correct, the service intervals are calculated on time from first registration / sale at 12 month intervals or mileage which ever comes first, it is possible that the oil has become contaminated with fuel after regenerations that were interrupted without you knowing and this is the cause of the light, I believe you would have to have an interim service now but you will have to ask for very clear clarity on what happens at the actual 12 month time (from when you bought the car) as you might then have to have the main service as we'll to keep the warranty, as daft as that might be ..
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2014, 14:07
Super Moderator

If it was preregistered by Arnold Clark that is the date they will be going with not the date you bought it.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2014, 00:39
Groupie

Hi SJG this is exactly my thoughts to i will have to go and speak to the service manager and tell him my worry's
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2014, 00:43
Groupie

Hi Grumps the Antara was definitely registered in October last year i even got to pick the registration number and even on the log book it says first registration in October 2013 very strange i think ???
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2014, 12:13

Sounds like Arnold Clark trying to get your custom for 1st service, shop around for prices.

Antara Diamond 163bhp 2.2cdti 4wd in Sovereign Silver with black interior
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2014, 23:37
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny
Hi Grumps the Antara was definitely registered in October last year i even got to pick the registration number and even on the log book it says first registration in October 2013 very strange i think ???
Very strange usually they have to keep them a month or two before they can sell them on thats the deal when they buy them from VX. The Glenrothes branch is not a main VX dealer they are masterfit approved but only sell used or prereg models. Peter Vardy is the main VX dealer for the area but Arnold is trying their best to outsell them.

I got the same type of deal on a Corsa from Arnold. The other VX dealers cant compete with Arnolds buying power and deals that they get from VX. I know from speaking to them they just give up trying to compete when you mention the prices you get quoted from Arnold.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2014, 23:38

My oil light came on 2 months before the annual service. I had the oil and filter change done locally and reset the indicator using the requisite clutch pressing routine. The oil was changed again at the annual service, despite it being only 8 weeks old!
-LaZ-

Antara 163PS: Bluefin Remapped to 210PS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page