Clutch problem - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 23rd December 2013, 23:35 Thread Starter

Recently started having problem getting into gear due to what appeared to be spongy feeling clutch pedal. When I pumped the pedal several times, the clutch operated OK. My suspicion was air in the hydraulic system and put car into local garage. They bled the hydraulics and commented as that the system was full of air. It seemed that the problem was fixed but after about a mile or so the problem was back and they suggested replacing the master cylinder. Cylinder was changed but did not resolve problem. They suggested taking car to local Vauxhall dealer who had equipment to reverse bleed the hydraulics as it was a known difficulty to expel all the air, and reverse bleeding was required.After carrying out this procedure the garage called me to say that there was still a problem and suggested that the slave cylinder was faulty. As this is located inside the clutch housing, it requires the gearbox to be removed. They were quoting £770 to carry out the work. I decided to get an alternative quote which was £550 and collected my car from the garage. Surprisingly when I collected it , the problem was almost gone. I have driven it for four days since getting it back from the garage and only have had to press the clutch two times when first starting off and then it drives ok when warmed up. For now I do not intend to have anything else done and see how it goes. According to the mechanic in the local garage, some of these hydraulic systems in new vauxhalls are extremely difficult to bleed completely . Has anyone experienced similar ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page