Stalling a lot - Vauxhall Antara Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2013, 22:15 Thread Starter
Tog

Regular stalling with 2013 (well 2012) Anatara 2.2, 163 - manual. Does anyone have the same problem my wife, my engineer friend, several others and I have (probably over 200 years worth of driving experience and this is the only time everyone felt the same) and that is it does seem to stall quite a lot and its almost like the transmission will not let go and you "feel" the engine struggling when down shifting, mostly in ECO mod. There is something in the Vauxhall forum site - http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co....update.361180/ ANY one else and did you get a fix ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2013, 23:58
Super Moderator

I did stall my Antara quite a few times when i picked it up but soon got the hang of it.

One thing that does take a bit of getting used to is making sure you match your gear to your speed. dont try and change up too quickly or forget to change down at a junction and then try and pull away or it will stall very violently!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 24th July 2013, 09:12
Groupie

I think it seems to need a few more revs than a petrol car. I tend to stay in 3rd at 30mph, 4th at 40, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 24th July 2013, 16:15
Groupie

I found exactly the same issue widen I first bought mine. Moving from a very forgiving petrol BMW to the antara did take some getting used to. Diesel engines have far more torque so pulling heavy loads at low revs is far better however the reverse of this is if you get the revs or gear selection too low you will almost certainly notice the stalling and stuttering. You will get used to it tho.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 28th July 2013, 19:06

I found that I had the same problem when I first got mine, especially in eco mode because if you allow the revs to drop below 500 when pulling away the engine will cut out, as the auto stop/start will kick in, although you then only have to press the clutch and the engine will re-start?

I found it very annoying, so I always disable the eco mode.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 2nd September 2013, 21:19

Edited by: vexorg
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 2nd September 2013, 23:37
Super Moderator

Just make sure you change down at junctions don't try and pull away in 3rd or it will stall very easily.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 2nd September 2013, 23:46

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 3rd September 2013, 21:55

The Antara is high geared. 70mph in top is only 2,000 rpm. You have to use the gearbox quiet a lot. I agree with Dog-handler about the stop-start. On my second or third trip, I needed to do a multi-point turn and the engine cut out. I turned the key and nowt happened. What a panic! Then I saw the Autostop position on the rpm meter. I had unwittingly stopped the engine. I disable the ECO button every time now. Does the ECO button do anything else butturn onthe stop-start mode?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 4th September 2013, 01:03

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page