3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jimmas
  • 1 Post By Gunner
  • 1 Post By andriyresonate5

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 19th March 2019, 15:10 Thread Starter

Resonance / Noise

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has had similar or could throw any suggestions my way, My 2.2 Antara 2012 65k has developed a noise which comes in at 40mph and fades away at around 52mph, it has been into a garage and they are struggling to identfy the noise, I have changed the Transfer box Oil, replaced rear tyres but no change, noise appears to come from the rear, the garage has removed the propshaft and run vehicle again no change. Does not sound like wheel bearing, that's not to say it isn't but they are cautious with regard to changing them in case it is not,, rear Diff?? could be a contender , not sure what sort of noise they make if it is that.

Any suggestions appreciated.
andriyresonate5 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 19th March 2019, 18:32

Hi there. If you do an advanced search under user name chumbucket, he had a bit of a nightmare with noise and vibration which I am also getting around 2,000 revs. I've had it looked at by two local garages without much result. Chumbucket's posts begin with "Rough sound under load"
Good luck and I would appreciate hearing if you find a cheaper result. Chumbucket bought his new and also had a warranty which was very helpful to him.
Jimmas likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 1st June 2019, 22:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmas View Post
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has had similar or could throw any suggestions my way, My 2.2 Antara 2012 65k has developed a noise which comes in at 40mph and fades away at around 52mph, it has been into a garage and they are struggling to identfy the noise, I have changed the Transfer box Oil, replaced rear tyres but no change, noise appears to come from the rear, the garage has removed the propshaft and run vehicle again no change. Does not sound like wheel bearing, that's not to say it isn't but they are cautious with regard to changing them in case it is not,, rear Diff?? could be a contender , not sure what sort of noise they make if it is that.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Iíve got the other same and I donít care about it, all Antara has this noise when you drop acceleration around 50mph and closer to 35 some noise coming out from gearbox from behind, and sounds like it drifting )))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jimmas likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vauxhall Antara Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page